This week started my first week training clients 1-on-1. As exciting as this sounded, I think I was more nervous than excited. For the past year, I do not mean to brag, but I knew everything about the gym and how to train women. I was a self-proclaimed expert. I was on top and I now I feel like I am back on the bottom.
Do not get me wrong, I absolutely love the creativity and feel I am getting better each session. I have so much to work with...bosu balls, body bars, kettlebells, plyo boxes. It's what I wanted. And I know I will work my way back to the top. It's just hard being the newbie.
Before I knew all 550 members, their life stories...At the new gym, I just know the men and women I've trained so far. I guess I just have to give it time.
When I left, one of my favorite members handed me a card on my last day. I think from time to time, I may forget why I enjoy and love my job. I have this card posted where I can see it everyday. She wrote:
Corkshell,
Thank you so much for all that you have done for me over the last year. When I walked into the gym for the first time, I was lazy, unmotivated, and very overweight. You were so instrumental in changing all of that. You have been my favorite staff member. since the beginning. When I walk through the door and see your smiling face, it makes me more motivated. I feel like you sincerely cared about me and my progress every step of the way. You have helped me to permanently change the way I feel about food, fitness, health, and life! I am happier and healthier than I have been in about seven years. Thank you from the bottom of my hear. I will miss seeing you, but know that I am strong enough to do it without you. I wish you the best of luck in your new work ventures.
M.
It keeps me going. I also start my very own Yoga class on November 16th. Again, I am excited, but just a little nervous too. But I guess nervous can be a good thing.
2 comments:
I love thank-you notes from people you help! :-) Good luck getting settled into the new gig, I'm positive you'll be awesome!
Awww so sweet. I've always thought being a personal trainer looks like a fun job. I'm sure you'll excell at the new place! Keep us posted.
I've been trying to lose 10 lbs I put in this summer from eating junk and being lax about the gym. I've totally revamped my workout, and I'm hoping I see results soon. Ugh. It's so hard. :-(
Post a Comment