Friday, November 5, 2010

Mexican Get Away

Quite a few family members on my husband's side were none too pleased when my brother-in-law and fiance informed us their wedding would take place in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

And me? Could not be happier. I loved our honeymoon, traveling the country and seeing sights such as Niagra Falls and the Grand Canyon, however, when you think honeymoon, most people think pool side with a drink.

And the best part of this wedding? It was not mine! No running around, trying to socialize with everyone. Nope, not me. I just grabbed my books and went straight to the pool before I even unpacked my bags.


My husband and I seriously had the best time. We got along with his brother's friends a little too well. We went running on the beach, kayaking, ziplining, beach volleyball, card games by the pool. And my husband stayed out late every night, smoking cigars in his brother's beautiful penthouse suite hot tub overlooking the entire town.

Their beachfront wedding was something straight out of a fairytale.

The kindle is a must have for laying by the pool. I read my hard copy of "Change Your Brain, Change Your Body" and only got about half-way through, mostly because I was so frustrated with holding the book and turning pages. I switched to "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest". (which is the best book by far) With the kindle, it rested so nicely on my stomach and I could turn the "pages" and hold it with 1 hand.

I want to go back.

6 comments:

GamecockQueen said...

I'm still dying for a Kindle!!

That looks like a FAB wedding!! Sounds like yall had a lot of fun!!

Erin said...

Glad you had a blast!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Glad you had such a great time! It sounds like a lot of fun!

Post Tenebras Lux said...

So fun! Glad you had a good getaway.

d.a.r. said...

Sounds like a great trip! And I just emailed my mom asking for a Kindle for Christmas, haha!

hmb said...

I want a kindle!