Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hey, its my birthday...

Yesterday was a special day for me, my birthday! I turned the big 2-6 and caught myself on more than 1 occasion saying, "I can do this, it's my birthday".

Now by no means am I an angel when it comes to food, drinks, and shopping, but I broke a few rules yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed each rule breaking.

Last night over dinner with the hubby, I enjoyed my favorite alcohol beverage, a margarita on the rocks with salt.

On Sunday, he took me shopping. Mostly to find a dress for his brother's upcoming wedding. I made two mistakes yesterday, first, walking into my favorite store Black House White Market. I use to shop here all of the time when I brought home the bacon (not the "bacon spray" like now according to my husband, haha) and worked a "big girl job". And my second mistake, silly me tried on a dress without looking at the price tag. I fell in love and $168 later, I brought her home.

In exciting news, the bakery who made the cupcakes for our wedding, opened up a shop in our current town. I big puffy heart cupcakes. And yesterday after lunch, he took me to the bakery to indulge in my favorite dessert.


Finally, I hang my head in shame. I gave up diet soda completely about a year and a half ago. I really do not miss it, but every once in a great while (like my birthday), I'll get one of these:


I had a wonderful birthday full of lots of love from my amazing friends and family. Not to mention full of some of my favorite vices, now that's a good day :)


7 comments:

tootie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Happy Birthday!! :)

hmb said...

Was it just me or did turning 26 totally blow?! LOL. Happy birthday!

Leigh said...

Happy birthday!!

Kpod said...

Happy Birthday! Good for you for indulging!

Emily B said...

Happyy Birthday! I wish I could kick my Diet Dr. Pepper habit...I drink one every naptime when my 20 kids go to sleep!

Post Tenebras Lux said...

Sounds like a great day. That's how birthdays are supposed to be!

GamecockQueen said...

Happy Birthday!! The dress is adorable!! Wow, I can't beleive you don't even drink DIET soda. But I guess as a trainer you know what you are talking about...I might consider that!!