Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Guardian Angel.

Three weeks ago, I ran in the Women's Half Marathon. It was a beautiful day, just uploaded a bunch of great music on my I-Pod and felt ready to go. When I hit Mile 1, it felt like I was running a pretty fast pace. I looked down at my watch, 7:30.




Yes, I wrote that correctly and yes, if I went outside to sprint a mile, I do not think I would run at that pace again. FAIL. As a result, my first 6 miles, were MISERABLE. I really thought I might stop and find a nice volunteer, borrow their phone and call my husband to come pick me up at the next mile marker. I knew exactly what he would tell me, suck it up, buttercup. I realized I have never worn a watch in any race or worried about my time. My best running technique, take your mind somewhere else.





So I continued to run. And then said a little prayer to his grandfather (who the night before took a awful turn for the worse). My next 7 miles, I felt great. Even at mile 12 which was all uphill (not fun at all). I ran my best time at 2 hours and 8 minutes.





Saying the past few months, career wise, have been nothing short of miserable would be an understatement. Every night from July to the beginning of October, I tossed, turned, cried, made myself sick, etc.

Now...I decided to take a new job as a personal trainer. They are incredibly short on trainers and want me to start training asap and make double what I use to make. I am also on interview #3 for a Yoga Instructor.

And finally, I attended an amazing fitness convention and fell in love with one of my workshops I attended. I spoke with their CEO afterwards and she talked with me about possibly opening up my own fitness license through her company.

The past few days, I have researched and researched and researched some more. I spent hours on the phone with their CEO, other licensees, my wonderful F-I-L who is a CPA accountant, not to mention making sure the hubby is on board. I have an entire legal pad filled with notes and their leal documentaion in front of me.

The last piece, money.

We are currently trying to refinance, fix our roof, and AC. Not to mention, I cut back my hours nearly a month ago so I am not making nearly what I use to. Last night, we thought about possibly holding off on this new business because of funds. My husband was mid-sentence when his phone rang.

His father called to let us know that Grandpa, in his will, set aside money for the two of us. The money will more than cover our set-up costs.

And now? I am still nervous about this next chapter, but also more than ready to jump in to these new adventures.

6 comments:

hmb said...

Lots of luck with it! You'll be great!

And a 7:30 mile?? Jealous!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Wow! It sounds like you did great in that race! Good luck in your new business!

Becca said...

I am so glad that you are getting back to loving your career instead of dreading it! You're in my thoughts and I can't wait to hear where this adventure takes you!

Stacie said...

I'm so happy to hear you're starting on a new path that excites you and I'm sure you'll be awesome at it! Yay for changes!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing when things fall into place isn't it?!

d.a.r. said...

Congrats on a great race!! I am so glad things are falling into place for you!