Saturday, August 1, 2009

Spoiled Rotten

My wonderful mother decided to visit this weekend to help me clean so I can concentrate on just studying. She knows I am OCD when it comes to a clean house before any visitors or special occasions. (funny my husband is now a visitor in his own home). She brought along my brother to help with the manly stuff.


So while my brother cuts the front and backyard, my mother cleans, and my SIL runs errands, I am studying in the living room (cough updating my blog cough cough).


Life is good.

Well except for the fact I have the fear of failure now. I have been studying for 1.5 months now and the thought just crossed my mind for the first time this week.


In sad news, I needed to exchange my Indiana license plate for a good ol' Tennessee license plate. I love my Indiana license plate, its my (our) home state. Its where we met.


But I would have to pay $270 more, so apparently it doesn't mean that much. I did take some pictures to document this transfer.


My little (except he's much bigger and stronger than me) brother making the switch.



I love my Support Our Troops License Plate



Hello Tennessee!


Any of you military ladies have to switch your plates or driver's license?

13 comments:

Sara said...

I have not had to do that yet, and in fact I recently updated my texas registration without issue. Apparently a lot of military folks in Texas keep their plates, so the updating took about 5 minutes and was done with a smile. Unfortunately, my inspection is out of date and the civic won't be taken to Texas for a while.

Becca said...

if you put your car in both of your names, you can keep the license/registration in the military members state of residency.

our car is in both our names, but rocks my husbands alaska plates!

Carissa said...

I have to get a new driver's license pretty soon. Yay! Another crappy picture!

BSS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BSS said...

had to get a GA license after I was married. My license was about to expire/ I wanted my new last name on it and I wouldn't have been able to go home for a new one. I updated my registration online though, so I still have my license plates. I'm originally from OH and it'll be a sad, sad day when/ if I have to get rid of those bad boys.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm holding on to my plate and license till the last possible second. I hate having to change stuff over and deal with the DMV.

Megan said...

We had a TN plate, and will keep it. That is, unless the place we move to is cheaper than TN...and there is a good chance that won't happen.

Anonymous said...

I Love Texas! I am a resident as long as my husband is! That means my car keeps it's plates (even if it's just in my name) along with all our other vehicles and our DL's. At least here in NC, I don't have to pay for their stinking inspection because it's registered in TX (although I'd have to have a TX inspection to drive in TX) This is super good because according to NC, my windows are tinted too dark even though they are dark as legal in TX. If I had to have it inspected here, I'd have to get my windows retinted to a lighter tint. NO WAY! When we were in NY, I had to get their inspection, but everything else stayed the same.

Sarah said...

since I've been 16 up until 22 and had my own car (read: my parents let me use it), I've had Virginia plates and Virginia DL- then Louisiana PLates and DL- then Texas plates and DL- and now German plates and German DL. I think my favorite was Louisiana:)

lola said...

Aw! That's so sweet of them to come and help!

I haven't switched over any licenses/registrations yet because my car is still in FL. But it may not stay there for long! :D

Stacie said...

That's great your mom came down! Good luck studying, I'm sure you're going to rock the exam!

The Mrs. said...

What a great plate, the yellow ribbon one. We dont have anything spectacular like that up here in NY. Whick I dont get, we have the I heart NY or a yankees plate but nothing for supporting the troops. as*holes.

Anonymous said...

I should switch but I love my CA license and plates! So I'll hang on to them till I absolutely have to switch :)