I should have guessed he would have said something along those lines. She's my younger sister...graduated college before me, engaged before me, married before me, now baby before me. I swear the day she announced her engagement, my now hubby turned white, probably thinking he would need to pop the question sooner than he would have liked.
No competition between us, I swear. I am more than pumped to spoil my little niece or nephew rotten. But I am sure my sweet husband feels the heat whether I put it there or not. There is no denying it, there is something in the water.
We sang the song in grade school...first come love then comes marriage...oh wait, now baby?
I dislike the phrase, "We are not ready". Maybe cause I am one of three kids and none of us were planned or I truly believe God is going to give you a baby whether you are ready or not.
So for now I am sticking with the phrase, "There is no rush, we are extremely content where we are right now". I know a baby in the future will be the biggest blessing.
For right now, I have these blessings :)
::Sidenote:: Daisy is obsessed with the hubby, I mean obsessed. Our girls are NOT allowed on the furniture, but a friend's dog came over and everytime the dog got anywhere close to HER daddy, Daisy jumped on his lap ready to pounce. We could not stop laughing and even allowed her on the furniture to snap a picture.
3 comments:
My husband told me he was going to have his brother put his 5 year old tyrant of a neice on a plane out here for a couple of weeks, and then I could decide if I still wanted a baby, lol.
I completely agree... there is no "real" time for a baby. I feel as if you never truly reach that point of "readiness." Especially in the military lifestyle with deployments, training schedules, moves, etc... It is truly a blessing though. :) And Daisy looks completely content being the "baby" of the house right now. haha! So cute! I'm going to have to have a talk with Blaze about our new addition on the way. I have a feeling he's getting used to being the baby of the house. :)
I so wish Sam was here LIVING with me so that we could have one... if I was living together with my spouse I'd be right on it!! But then again I want time for us to be "just us" for one year also... wish pushes us back to two more years.... idk ... it's such a tough question of "When?!?!"
Sometimes I think you'll both just wake up one day, ready, and you'll KNOW when the time is right...
also so sorry to hear all you've been going through lately.... i'm praying for you hun.... :-\ ((HUGS))
Post a Comment