On our 12 hour drive back from PA, I thought a lot about his grandfather. My husband calls him, "One of the last true great Americans" and we also joked and called him the medical miracle.
It truly makes me wonder, how did a 94 year old who has only 17% of his heart working (1 artery = 100% blocked), cancer, and kindey failure get stronger as the weekend went on?! You heard me right, his grandfather is now set to leave the hospital. The doctors continued to say, "He is making liars out of all of us". This same man was blown up in WWII, stayed in a hospital for over a year, still has shrapnel from the bomb in his body.
I just keep shaking my head in amazement.
Makes me think I am weak. I complain about all kinds of stuff...aches, pains, work, etc. Maybe Grandpa tells himself he is going to be ok and he ends up being just fine. I thought in the car, I need to start thinking more positively and stop worrying so darn much.
After 26 hours of traveling in 3 short days, the trip was well worth it. I learned a valuable lesson from him, I just need to change my way of thinking.
4 comments:
oh my goodness... you have so much going on! i just read your last few posts. thinking of you!
Wow, what a strong man!
Wow! That's great that he's hanging on and getting stronger!
So happy to hear he proved everyone wrong!
Post a Comment