I came across a quote this morning, perfect for a Monday morning:
"Each day when I get up, I CHOOSE to be happy and then try to build my day around that"
There are ugly things looming over my head, but today I am going to remember a few things.
1) I just found out this morning I am going to be an aunt for the very first time! It's going to be hard to keep it a secret for the next month, but thank goodness I can share the news here. I feel everyone around me is pregnant, but this will be the first in my immediate family.
2) My 3rd half-marathon is in 11 days. On Saturday I completed a very difficult 12 mile course and felt suprisingly good afterwards. It *almost* convinced me to sign up for a marathon in 2011. I ran with some amazing, inspiring women and I think they made all the difference.
I am also running for a charity which I truly believe provides a little more incentive in my training and of course with the 13.1 mile course coming up.
So I am going to build my day around that.
4 comments:
woohoo! Congrats Auntie "C"!
You are super woman! 12 miles?!!! Good luck with the 1/2 in 11 days! That's awesome!
Congrats!! Being an aunt is the best job in the whole world. At least to someone without children, I guess. I can spoil them, take them shopping...do all kinds of fun stuff and then they get to go home :)
congrats on the new addition to the family!!
OMGoodness, the wedding pic on the right is SOO GORGEOUS! I def. want you to post more. How beautiful!!
I read your post before this too and I read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. That was a really really good book. I started to watch the movie when I ran accross it on TV one day, but just couldn't get into it.
Post a Comment