Eight weeks ago at work, I....
Received a letter of reprimand
Was suspended for 6 weeks of work
Was Demoted
Received a pay deduction
I would love to tell you it was deserved, I really would. I have no problem owning up my mistakes. It was honestly the most bogus thing ever. In 15 years of having a job, I've never had any of the above happen.
I truly believe it was because I held my ground. I have zero regrets. But man I cannot stop questioning myself...
There was not a doubt in my mind, while my boss told everyone, "I was honeymooning", during those 6 weeks I would come back and hand her a letter of resignation.
But I cannot. Why? I love these women so much.
I walked back into work with my head held high and my boss started bawling and I just stood and stared at her. She told me everyone asked about me and that she missed me.
What?
You think after 8 weeks it wouldn't make my stomach turn, but it does.
Whew. I feel some kind of relief letting it out into "the open".
6 comments:
Are you kidding me??? I have no idea about the details but if I know you those reasons for suspension sound very BOGUS!! They sound like "Crap", if you will! :)
I am super happy that I am your first official "follow" Awesome and THANKS!!!
Honestly, that shocks me. I just can't imagine you doing something to deserve that punishment! I know how committed you are to your job and the women you work with.
Yuck, I know how it feels to really think you were in the right about something, yet because of the consequences you can't help but feel wrong.
Hope things get better from here on out.
Hold your head high! I'm sure that you did nothing wrong.
Yikes, sounds like quite the story. Do whatever is best for YOU!!
Yuck. That kind of drama leaves a lousy taste in your mouth, for sure.
Post a Comment