Sunday, September 28, 2008

College Football

I had a relatively quiet weekend. We headed up to Penn State (his Dad's alma mater) for the PSU-Illinois game. And since Daisy is struggling with the whole potty training thing, I refused to leave her with anyone, so I seperated the dogs. Now they're back together and louder than ever.

Katie's (his sister) boyfriend, who coaches at Illinois, scored us seats at the 25 yard line, 5 rows back. PSU seriously has the best fans in the country.

I do have a few vents about the Top 25:

  • How is USC still in the top 10? They lost to an unranked team while poor Georgia played a much better Alabama team and dropped to 12.
  • Wake Forest at 25. They lost to Navy!!
  • Illinois dropped out of the top 25, even though they lost to a tough team, who at the time were the #12 team in the country and now ranked #6.
  • Oregon is in the top 25? I wish people would understand that the PAC-10 might be the most overrated conference in college football.
  • BYU, or any team in the Mountain West, should not be in the top 10.

Walking the campus of PSU made me kind of miss college and the fact I did not go to a big school. I absolutely do not regret my small, private liberal arts school outside Chicago, but I just wonder what could have been.

Our weekends away only reinforce my feelings for him. I love the way I feel when I am with him. I love that I am a complete idiot sometimes and say the most off the wall things and he just smiles at me.

We're heading to Rucker for 10 days tomorrow for some training. It's going to be an interesting week to say the least.

2 comments:

e said...

one of my very best friends (and an army wife) is a PSU alum! She misses football season like CRAZY!

I got this thing in the mail like a month ago and i completely meant to show it to you - it was something about college football pools online or something?? Anyhow - i know you're really into that so i figured you'd be good at it and you'd probably end up rich!

If i get another thing (i've gotten a couple) i will definitely let you know

Stacie said...

I'm so jealous you got to go to the game!!! I <3 my Illini! :-) Have fun at Rucker!