Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

I've always loved the long holiday weekends because it meant either I was going to be visiting him or he was going to be visiting me.

Although we had no major plans, I really had a nice weekend.

We kicked it off on Thursday at my very first Hail and Farewell. They held it at actually one of my favorite restaurants/bars downtown. I could hardly hear anyone speak, except when they started poking fun at him (8 years and no ring?!).

Friday we ran a whole bunch of errands that included purchasing a TV and Rock Band. It sounds so pathetic, but we've been spending more time on the other side of the house now. That night we went to a party with a CPT in his company, Matt, whom I absolutely adore.

Saturday morning was beach volleyball for like 3 straight hours. We played with another couple who is just as competitive as us, if possible (Ollie & Abby), Matt, and his company commander. That night we all went to Jazz on the Lawn, which is apparently a big deal here. Its held at the winery, yeah wine :)

Sunday we had Matt, Abby, and Ollie all over for a BBQ and swimming. We played a F.R.I.E.N.D.S trivia came then ended up playing rock band for 6 straight hours. I have a huge blister on my right hand from gripping the drum sticks too hard, ha.

Yesterday we just laid around all day and then headed over to his company commander's house for a bbq. His kids and wife were amazing. It's so nice to be meeting people.

And apparently I'm playing Powder Puff football with all the wives in his company this month.

I find more comfort in living here by myself the more people I meet.

Time to go break up the dogs wrestling match occuring at my feet right now.

4 comments:

CLR said...

First of all, I was at Jazz on the Lawn too! Wish I would have seen you!

Second, I am playing power puff too... Sept. 12th? We are playing with the Task Forces, so we'll probably be playing against each other. Haha..

Becca said...

i love rockband!!! it is so much fun!!

Erin said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! So glad you are meeting great new people!

d.a.r. said...

That sounds fabulous :) Glad you are getting settled in and feel more comfortable in the area and with people. I know you will be just fine :) How could people not LOVE you???