Wednesday, August 27, 2008

How Did I Get Here?

I find it amusing how a little less than 2 months ago, the only thing I really needed to take care of was numero uno. I worked 100 hours a week and hung out with friends as much as possible. My mom, the laundry nazi, would have all of my clothes folded on my bed within 12 hours of hitting the hamper. I could get by cleaning my room every other week because I was hardly ever at home.

Today, as I had to make a stop to Vikki's Pool due to our cloudy pool water, making dinner, scrubbing the kitchen floor (puppies still love to dig in the mud), 2 loads of laundry, and vacuuming, I am wondering how in the heck did I get here?

I wouldn't change it for the world. My love is an absolute sweetheart. He didn't get home until 1:30am, but is constantly showing his appreciation and love towards me.

It draws me back on my confirmation class. I went to a private school for 8 years and approximately 11 years ago, my pastor told us there are 3 ways God answers prayers.

1) Yes!
2) Yes, but later
3) Yes, but something better

I still carry that lesson with me, especially during these days when I wonder why in the heck hasn't my future employer called.

Instead of concentrating on how bad I want a job, I should really see that the glass is half full and enjoy this once in a blue moon free time.

2 comments:

Stacie said...

I've had some of those "how did I get here" moments myself lately and I wouldn't change a thing either :-) I'm glad to hear you're so happy with how things are going!

d.a.r. said...

That is an awesome way of looking at things, I love the 3 ways God answers your prayers!