Friday, August 22, 2008

Hormones

Today has been a bad day. And I know when I look at this post in a few days, I will simply laugh at myself. Not to mention my 3 favorite letters...P....M...S

Potty training has been so frustrating. She's a baby, I know, but when you're already having a bad day and you seriously turn your head 2 times for less than 1 minute and in those 2 times, she somehow manages to pee on our bedroom carpet.

He has been gone a lot lately so last night I was flustered as I was cleaning the carpet, he's made a comment to me that its not that big of a deal. This coming from a guy who has yet to clean up after her once in the short week that we have had her.


And due to the dogs and the excessive walking, I am always wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Since it was Friday and we are going out to dinner, I decided to take a nice relaxing bath. Shortly afterwards, I let the dogs out, normally I go with them to watch the Daisy, but I figured they would be fine.

Not at all.

Daisy and Dakota decided to go underneath the deck and start digging in the wet sand/dirt which is the same as mud. When they came running up the stairs, they were just covered. I cleaned off Dakota first on the deck and by the time it was Daisy's turn, she had scurried her little butt back under the deck to just lay in the hole the two had dug.

She didn't want to come out.

So I did what any normal, freshly showered woman would do.

I crawled through the mud to grab her.

When he just called, I did everything in my power to sound like I wasn't crying. I doubt he bought it.

Tomorrow is another day.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I hope your day gets better Court! Congrats on the new puppy though, she's adorable! I'm sure Mommy C will have her all trained and behaving soon :-)

CCG said...

Whew! I know the frustrations...Huskies are a very difficult breed! We have one (well, she's in Michigan with my parents) but I remember her puppy-hood time and it was a hard time. Make sure you take Daisy to obedience training and all that to make sure she knows who the Alpha animal is (that would be you)!!

Apart from that, she is just a baby yet I can imagine that her sassiness in hiding under the deck by her big 'accomplishment' aka. the Hole can cause a nervous breakdown! But the puppy love and kisses make it all worth it!

Good luck!!!!!

e said...

awww..court!! I'm sorry - my macie was the WORST puppy ever for a good 1.5 years. My mom actually one day - had a day similar to yours - just yelled out "YOU POINTY EARED BLACK DEVIL!" it was so funny looking back on it but honestly now she's the best dog we've probably ever had :)


i hope she straightens out soon!

d.a.r. said...

Ugh I hate those kinds of days, last night was JUST like that. Try to take it in stride, I know you will be just fine. We are dealing with similar issues with King Arthur, he is only 7 months old and still having potty training issues, so frustrating!

Hang in there :)