Monday, August 11, 2008

Chaos

And here it goes...

I despise living between 2 places. We just closed this morning (yeah!) and we are no where close to being moved into the other house.

Right after closing, he had to go to work so I loaded a moving truck and unloaded it all by myself. Meanwhile, I thought Dakota would love to run around in our new backyard. She runs back in the house and somehow managed to roll around in dog poop. Lovely.

I am not going to lie, there was a point I was going to break down. I called my mom. She knows me too well and bought me everything for the guest bathroom, so I was able to set everything up in there. I am the queen of finding things a home. And there is just so much stuff. Not to mention, I was very tempted to "accidentally" break/drop some of his things. Is that bad?

I am absolutely tired. There are a ton of things I need at Wal-Mart and I should make dinner, but I am beat. I can't wait to have everything in one place and everything settled.

7 comments:

Lacey Bean said...

Moving sucks! It's soooo stressful when you have to find a place for everything, and trust me - from experience - combining everything that two people want into one space is difficult. But it works out, and it's so worth it when you're done.

Are you going to be in Chicago in Sept? I'll be there Sept 2-5, and 15-18

kd said...

Ugh, I hate moving! When we got to Missouri in May there were several times that I was on the verge of tears just looking at all the stuff that needs to be put up. But, I eventually got it all done.

Good luck! I hope you get over the unpacking hump soon!

Erin said...

Moving stinks! I hope the rest goes more smoothly!

CCG said...

Hi - found your blog through DAR's and just wanted to drop by to say hi. Good luck with moving :-) Carolin

Becca said...

moving is awful!! especially when you are consolidating/combining your belongings for the first time!! but, before you know it, your new home will acutally feel like home!!

e said...

hahah that is the funniest plan "accidentally" dropping his things. I am going to have to keep that in mind when the day comes for us! I'll accidentally drop or "misplace" a few of his things in the trash.

Good luck with the rest of moving in though... im sure it will get better soon!

e said...

hahah that is the funniest plan "accidentally" dropping his things. I am going to have to keep that in mind when the day comes for us! I'll accidentally drop or "misplace" a few of his things in the trash.

Good luck with the rest of moving in though... im sure it will get better soon!