Monday, September 29, 2008

It's the small things.

I find it amusing sometimes, how much the small things really bring a smile to my face. Whenever I am in bad mood, it seems these things cure all.

Here is my 10 ten list of things that bring me instant happiness.

1. Food- You should see my face light up with either chips or salsa or anything chocolate related.
2. Bubble Baths- It is like instant relaxation
3. Candles- I think I appreciate them on another whole level after becoming a homeowner. I refuse to be those people who have that "dog smell" and do not even notice
4. Pajamas- The best feeling in the entire world is slipping into a big t-shirt and pj bottoms after a long day.
5. My car- I bought a brand new car in August, a 2009 Toyota Camry, and whenever I drive it, I feel happy and in control
6. My dogs- Ok, this is a given. I love how Dakota curls up as the "little spoon" with me and when Daisy falls asleep on her back with her legs straight up in the air. Or when Daisy shoots me a look of "I need help".
7. College Football Saturdays- I don't know if it has to do with fall or change, but there is something different in the air on those mornings with Herbie, Lee, and the rest of the gang.
8. A good workout- I may be crazy, but I love that exhausted, I can't move my body feeling after a kick butt workout.
9. My mom, dad, brother, and sister- I love when my brother plays football or how my dad talks sports with me or how my mom is my best friend or how my sister is always there for me. Even more so, when we are all sitting around togther just talking about life.
10. My best friend- Oh there is just something about him. I love the random text messages I get throughout the day and they always seem to come when I'm in a bad mood and it puts such a huge smile on my face.


What is your Top Ten?

1 comment:

CLR said...

Seriously, my top 10 is similar. When I do it, you'll see :). Also, speaking of chips and salsa, feel like getting lunch anytime soon? I'm not working tomorrow if you are free. I've been craving some El Bracero mexican food....