My hometown has been in the news consistently over the past couple of days. The Midwest was hit extremely hard with flooding caused by heavy rain, thanks to Hurricane Gustav.
Tonight I just found out 3 houses exploded about 1.5 miles from my house and about 50% of the town is still under water. The National Guard was also sent in to rescue families by boat.
You know the expression, hitting close to home, it's too fitting right now.
Luckily both my family and Dave's family are both ok and received minimal damage.
Article
2 comments:
Sounds like you have been very busy! Glad you are having so much fun!
I am glad that your families are doing ok after all that flooding! I will be thinking about the people in your town who are going through hard times.
I was just in Chicago (again - just got back today) and the damage was on everyone's mind.
Glad to hear that your families are ok.
Post a Comment