Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day Five...Day Six

Today marks 21 days since my headache started and 6 days since I gave up television. I guess I can tell the hubby television isn't causing my headaches. I am still going the next two weeks without it to prove a point and be more productive.

You know when they say desperate times, desperate measures. Well one of my members practices holistic medicine. While training her yesterday, she offered me a free session. I just wanted my headache to stop. Surprisingly it wasn't too crazy and the massage part felt good.

Except I still have a headache. She also mentioned I have a lot of "energy" coming off my feet. To this I responded, "That does not surprise me".

Speaking of feet. The past two weekends, I've worn my high heels or Nine West sandals and they feel heavenly! And my tennis shoes absolutely burn and kill my feet at times.

When I use to have the fancy, career woman job, I wore high heels or nice dress shoes and my feet felt so relieved in tennis shoes. I guess whatever the shoe, if you wear it 8+ hours a day for 5+ days a week, your feet might hurt.

My television detox as I like to call is still getting easier. It helps I wake up at 4:45am so I fall asleep between 7-8pm, ha! The husband has been calling me grandma, oh well. I always feel rested at least.

6 comments:

e said...

i admire your tv detox and ive been following right along as you've gone through this. I'm a huge tv lover. It's my escape, my "shut off my mind" time. I think tv in excess is bad but not at the end of a long work day.

I am anti-detox! Stand your ground and embrace your love for TV!

Have you gotten your referral yet for the dr? I think you really should go to make sure it isn't something serious.

Megan said...

I left you a facebook comment with my very scientific diaganosis! ( I did send out graduation announcements announcing that I had a BS, not a BA in Art History, ha!)

Jessica said...

i had a headache for a long time as well. they suck. the shoe part is totally true! hope your headache goes away soon girl!

Lisa said...

I hope the headache starts getting better soon! I admire you for being able to give up tv for 3 weeks though! Hope something changes soon!

The Farmers Wife said...

I cant imagine how horrible it would be to have a headache that long. When we were stationed in 29 Palms I used to get heat headaches, but usually a ton of water and dark place helped. I would not want to do an extended version of those. I hope it gets better, SOON! I dont think I could give up the tv either, after the kiddies go to sleep it is my unwind time. I do commend your determination though!

NICOLE said...

hello!
My sister went through the headaches and such that you went through and founf out it was a simple allergy...to milk/dairy. You should get an allergy test done. Even if you had one in the past, allergies develop regularly...