I try to avoid being "Debbie Downer", but I did not sleep at ALL last night.
This means Day Two was not good either. I feel going "without" TV might actually make me sound pathetic to the blog world, but it's proving to be difficult so far.
Instead my mind was racing about work and many other things, so much so, I jumped out of bed at 3am and wrote down all of my ideas. My boss thanked me for not sleeping actually. I think this is why I enjoy TV, my mind actually shuts off because every other minute, its running 100 miles an hour.
I did do some things today I normally would not do. I took the dogs for an extra long walk, almost an hour, and I actually went shopping. I never go shopping just to browse. I always know what I want, but today I purchased a super cute bag from Target and a couple books from Borders: A nutrition book and Shutter Island, which we are reading for Book Club this month.
I also had a nice dinner with some of my favorite Book Club ladies. They made this whole coming home to an empty, extremely quiet house bearable tonight.
6 comments:
I'm the same way with the TV. My mind is never quiet unless I'm watching the TV and I definitely got in the habit of falling asleep to it while Scott was gone. But, Scott HATES that habit and he made me break it when we moved up to NY. It was a rough several weeks... especially since I was in a brand new place that has lots of bumps in the night... and I may be just a tad bit scared of the dark! :) But, I'm getting the hang of it, I guess. There are still some nights that it takes me a while to fall asleep. When we moved forward an hour, it really threw me off. Scott would be asleep in minutes where I would be in bed for at least an hour before I finally fell asleep!
Good luck with it! I'm glad you have some people to keep your mind off of the lonely house!
Oh gosh. Every morning since college I have had on music videos while I get ready and put on my makeup. I can't even imagine what the silence would be like. I really hope your headaches get better soon!
I think 2+ weeks allows for a little wiggle room on the "No Debbie Downer" rule :)
I'm sorry you are still miserable!
We actually do not have a TV in our bedroom anymore--best thing we've ever done, we love it!!
We're in the same book club! I just joined and will be coming to my first meeting next month :)
I think you have every right to post a downer every now and then. I can't imagine not having the tv on, even if it's just for background noise. Good luck!
know how you feel! glad you actually had a decent night and coming home to it was bearable.
Post a Comment