Usually when company comes over I stuff it behind his dresser. When you glance into my bedroom, nobody ever notices his pile.
Yesterday my threats turned real as I took a phone number of a cleaning lady from a friend. He noticed the hand-off told me that we did not need one. I told him that he had one week to help out and prove me wrong.
Well guess what my wonderful husband did today:
Washed all of our sheets
Cleaned our carpets
Cleaned out the refridgerator
Scrubbed all of our cabinets (I loathe the color white in our kitchen)
Completed four loads of laundry
Removed his infamous pile of clothes.
I may start threatening a cleaning lady every weekend.
I do not know about you, but cleaning makes us bicker. I tend to do it one way and he does it another. Not to mention my mother comes out in me when I am cleaning. Regardless, we always make each other laugh. Sometimes not even on purpose.
I watched him as he pulled out some rope and began manuvering around our kitchen. I just laughed to myself as I typed away on the computer for work. The way he decided to dry our comforter:
The worse part of this picture: I agreed for some reason to help him. He asked me nicely and I said, "No way, I did not sign up for this" and of course he pulls a "Yes you did, when you married me". Ahh! One valuable marriage lesson I have learned over this past year of living together is sacrifice. There are things I do not want to do, but I do them and vice versa.
9 comments:
My husband and I bicker a bit over cleaning too. One thing that helps is cleaning together. We saw this episode of Red Dwarf that was all backwards and they had a fight backwards and said "Let's Unrumble!" right before it... and so we call house cleaning unrumbling.
Dorkey? Yes. But it keeps us from being sour about something neither of us likes to do.
And you should totally threaten to get a cleaning lady every week if that is the result!
I just clean everything to avoid the mess. Can't sleep with messes!
I totally agree on white kitchen! Such a pain!
Funny, the clothes pile is the same thing in our apartment. Like you, I refuse to touch it. He doesn't even know what's clean and dirty until he does the smell test... ad you better believe I'm not about to do a smell test on his nasty clothes! Our biggest fight is dishes. He NEVER helps me with them until I bitch and complain enough. And by the time he finally puts his video game down to help, I'm so pissed at him I don't want him anywhere near me. This plays out at least twice a week.
And don't even get me started about the moving we've done this week. While I was moving the last stuff from one apartment to the other and trying to maintain some order in our new apartment, he decided to change out every. single. lightbulb. in the HALLWAY leading to our apartment door. That's right... not even in our apartment! I was so livid with him at that point, no one would have wanted to be near me.
Oh I hate when clothes pile up like that. I never know if anything is clean or dirty and end up leaving it there just like how you do. Haha, it sounds like it worked. I'd keep that phone number handy incase you need things cleaned again lol
Ooooh, what a nice surprise! And yes, you're totally right about the sacrifices.
Cleaning is the biggest source of stress for me and my roommate. I'm a neat freak, she's not. But since we've now lived together for about five years, I just let her break me down, and now I either ignore the mess or just clean it up myself w/out complaining. LOL
Hope your headache is better!
Ha! Too funny! I swear, sometimes all it takes is the threat of spending money and they'll do it!
Cleaning makes us bicker too...well really it just turns me into a stressed out freak who takes it out on her husband, this is especially the case when we have company coming. Yikes!
I'm a new follower and love your blog already! My husband and I argue over cleaning sometimes as well, and he has some pretty crazy ideas about how to get things done. Nice to meet you!
Post a Comment