Monday, March 22, 2010

Day One Without TV

I think I am in trouble.

This morning I had to tell myself several times, "No, you are giving up TV, remember?" before turning on Sportscenter. This is something I have done every morning since high school.

And tonight? Well after working 9 hours with an awful headache (still), I just want to curl up on the couch and watch TV. I am actually tempted to take some Tylenol PM and just go to sleep.

Luckily I have some fitness magazines to read.

Tomorrow might be the true challenge. I realized when my dependency on TV reached an all time high...during his deployment. Tomorrow he needs to switch out aircraft in TX and will not be back until Thursday. Two days without husband and television...

I need to find a new hobby, ASAP.

4 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You could always do some knitting. It's easy and time consuming.

Anonymous said...

I like how the first sentence is "im in trouble" LOL

I love your gun pic!!!

KLutz said...

I'm sorry your headaches are so out of control! I've had bad headaches my entire life, but nothing that couldn't be controlled. I feel your pain =/

You could try falling asleep to books on tape. That's what I did while Brian was deployed. There's something soothing about a British woman reading you to sleep (creepy? I hope not, haha)

jlc said...

I had NO IDEA you LIVED in NYC.... for how long!?!

So wish you could've been there with me. It'd been nice to have an Army wife running partner. :)