Thursday, March 11, 2010

Headache

I have never had a headache last longer than a few hours in my entire life...until this week. I woke up Saturday with a headache and it has not let up since. SIX DAYS!

Drinking enough water?
Taking vitamins?
Resting?
Medicine?
Cracking my back?

I've done them all. I left work early this morning and my wonderful husband gave me some tylenol 3 and it did nothing for me.

Tomorrow I am trying a massage and a trip to the chiropractor. If that does not work...I will start to worry.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband, his sister and dad all get headaches all the time. They swear by ecedrine migraine taken with a coke. Usually the take it right at onset, but it works for lingering ones too.


Ok, so don't hit me on this one, but any chance you may be pregnant? I got horrible lingering headaches right away with both of mine.

Lisa said...

Yikes... hope you're feeling better soon!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I had one that lasted a few days and ended up going to the Chiropractor and she did the trick. I hope that works for you!

Allison said...

That's crummy. Could it be allergies? That would explain why pain killers haven't helped. I hope it goes away soon!

J.L.S. said...

I get headaches all. the. time. and a good amount of them have been pretty stubborn like that. I had one for 2 weeks sometime last spring. Turned out it was a tension headache. When I went to the Dr. for it, she pushed around at the base of my skull where the headaches had been and I just about jumped off the table. But, by that night it was gone! So, hopefully the chiropractor/massage will help.

Also, have you tried Advil sinus or something similar? Sinus headaches tend to be a little more stubborn too.

I hope you get some relief soon!

GamecockQueen said...

Oh girlfriend. When that happened to me I had already gone to the emergency room by the time you were writing this. I got a shot (Imitrex, I think?) and it helped a lot. Yikes!

I'm sure it is just something like a migraine, tension headache, or sinus headache. No worries!

GamecockQueen said...

p.s. meant to tell you I linked to you in a post. I posted the workout you left in the comments section of my post on Jessica Simpson. I love the workout!!

Cole said...

Oh, you poor thing! I get headaches pretty often and swear by a cocktail of Excedrin migraine, dark chocolate and diet coke.

NICOLE said...

excedrine migraine.
excedrine tension headache.
xtra strength excedrine.
they are God's gift!
esp the first one!