Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Coming up for air.

19+ weeks with a headache...something has to be wrong.

I mentioned how much I make at work to my Physical Therapist and she about fell off her chair. She said, "You see me three times a week for that?".

Funny, he has been bugging me about the same thing for months. Now what I make does not make or break our household and for that I am forever blessed, but it covers a lot of the bills plus little extras for me.

They simply cannot pay me anymore and I understand, but a part of me feels more valuable in a sense. I've been struggling with this for months.

After much talk, I cut back my hours at work. I guess I am not cut out for the 50+ hour work week and everything else going on in my life. Not to mention I am on my feet for over 8 hours a day, exercise for half of it, and wake up way too early. My first 6-7 hour day was Friday and it felt heavenly! I am on Day Three now and I've accomplished so much during my day and have had less arguments/disagreements with him, my mom, and my MIL.

I've also decided to start training people on the side. I've been wanting to do it for a year now, but looks like I am finally in motion and more importantly....

....finally able to breathe.

On the Fourth, we hung out with friends and played football. Afterwards, he and I jumped (went skinny dipping, ha) in our pool and watched all of the amazing fireworks in our neighborhood. It honestly felt like I had found my way and started to enjoy life, instead of just living it.

I am surrounded by an amazing husband, family, and friends and now I am just trying to soak it all in a little more. And of course, blog a little more :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute blog layout!

Yep, I agree. You work way too much. Haha! I'm wondering how in the world you're squeezing in all that wedding planning with how busy you are! Goodness!

And, now I want a pool just so i can go skinny dipping with my hubs. :)

lola said...

I'm sure you've talked to the doctor about all of this, but I wonder if how much you have on your plate is at all related to your headaches!

I'm glad that you're able to relax more and enjoy life!

Courtney said...

Glad you're finding a bit more balance and working less is helping! Hope you find a solution to the headache problem soon, because that is just insane!

Stacie said...

Hope the new work schedule helps with the stress and headache! Sounds like you guys had a great 4th :-)

Megan said...

You are crazy! I'm glad to hear that you cut back on your work schedule...whatever happened to those days of just lounging at the pool and eating salsa? Those were the days!

Kate said...

I'm glad you're finally cutting back! I miss you! I miss the pool days too and the salsa! But I mostly miss the company. See you next month! :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Well that sounds great! It sounds like you're getting to enjoy yourself more already!