Thursday, July 15, 2010

Restrepo

Hubby asked me last night to attend a free showing of a documentary. It took place where he did a majority of his flying and our new roommate Brandon, one of his best friends, met and replaced the Unit in the documentary.



It is called Restrepo.

See it.

Incredibly eye-opening. Sure I hear stories and picture their life over there, but with this movie, I can actually see it with my own eyes.

We met one of the men who stared in the documentary and he actually remembered Brandon. This documentary hit so close to home. The names and places...I know these people. I know these places.

Made me incredibly proud to be an American, proud to know so many soldiers, especially my own soldier.

During the movie I remembered several months ago, I met a few ground guys from TX . They immediately hugged me and told me that, "Your husband saved my life, many times".

Again, so proud.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I want to see it this weekend. One of the guys in it is in "A's" Company here so his wife was telling us all about it last night. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Anonymous said...

I was just about to say what Megan already said! We were told all about it last night at our coffee.

lola said...

I really want to see it! I'm reading the director's book, War right now, which is basically a book version of the movie, per the prologue of the book.

One of my husband's roommates from Benning is the PL for a guy that is in the movie. They went to a screening at Campbell a month or two ago and he said it was very good.

Post Tenebras Lux said...

Wow, amazing. We'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.