Monday, June 22, 2009

Life of leisure

Day 6 with no AC...Also in those 6 days, the temperatures have not fallen below 93 during the day. We decided to head home for a whooping 30 hours to get a break from the heat. When we walked into the house last night, I wanted to pass out. We decided something needed to be done or Katie and I were not going to sleep.

We camped out in the kitchen.

I said to him today, "For someone not working, I should be living a life of leisure by the pool, drinking cocktails". I am into day 11 of not working and to be honest, I cannot even imagine working during this chaos called my life right now. I have been on the phone with everyone.

I need to go through this one AC place because of our home warranty (its a $100 deductible vs the $500 deductible through homeowners). Well I left 5 messages since Wednesday and still no "appointment scheduled". After a phone conversation with my love, we decided to spend the additionaly $400 and have it done our way.
I really enjoyed my day and a half home. I attended church with his dad and the sermon was based on this bible verse:
Now a great windstorm developed and the waves were breaking into the boat, so that the boat was nearly swamped. But he was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. They woke him up and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care that we are about to die?”So he got up and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, “Be quiet! Calm down!” Then the wind stopped, and it was dead calm. And he said to them, “Why are you cowardly? Do you still not have faith?” They were overwhelmed by fear and said to one another, “Who then is this? Even the wind and sea obey him!”
I love walking into church and feeling the sermon fits perfectly with the events happening in your life. The pastor spoke about different "storms" in one's life.


Rough life.

5 comments:

Sara said...

I really hope things get better soon. I know it hurts to shove out extra unnecessary money but sometimes it's the best thing to do. Soon enough you will have AC again and will get to lounge with cocktail and bikini. Even though I have no pool, I am enjoying the lounge chair and ipod combo and have been putting wine in a sport bottle. Yeah, I is fancy.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh man! That's rough! That high heat and no air. I wouldn't be able to sleep. I hope you have alot of fans going!

Courtney said...

I am so sorry. I have literally been there, and I'm so glad it wasn't while I was working either. Sounds like its on the way to getting fixed, and God will definitely get you through this "storm"!

Anonymous said...

Aww your pup is so cute. I hope the AC gets fixed SOON!

jlc said...

very true!!

i'm going to miss my church SO much when i'm in texas....

last week the sermon was about being aware of how blessed we are... rather than focusing on what we DON"T have... spoke volumes to me..... i keep forgetting not to throw myself pity parties for not having Sam around and reminding myself that i still have him. and we still love each other.