Tuesday, June 2, 2009

What is cilantro?!

I do have to admit since he deployed, I am quite proud of myself and my adventures and sometimes misadventures in the kitchen.

I laughed today as I used my garlic press and chopped up the cilantro. Mostly because a year ago, I did not even know what this stuff looked like or that Kitchen Aid dedicated and developed a kitchen utensil soley for its purpose.

Paying a decent amount for P90X, I now believe it was worth every penny, especially for some of these receipes. I used four of them already and loved all four of them.

Tonight I invited Barrett over for vegetable soup and we both agreed it tasted great and bonus...its actually healthy for you!

Recipe:

10 cups of chicken broth, low sodium
4 red potatoes
4 cups of onions, quartered
1 cup of carrots, sliced 1 inch thick
2 cups of zucchini, sliced 1 inch thick
8 oz can of tomato sauce
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 bunch of cilantro, chopped
dash black pepper

I definitely recommend it.

8 comments:

lola said...

I LOVE SOUP. I so want to try this!

(and I don't know if I know what cilantro looks like. I think I'll google it!) :P

Megan said...

Have I mentioned to you that I LOVE vegtable soup. It's my favorite. Next time you make it, I'd love to come help you. Oh and please tell me you didn't put the cilantro in the garlic press!

Cole said...

Sounds yummy! I'm growing cilantro and basic in addition to all my other veggies this year.
:-)

Cole said...

Oops..basil!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love eating soup. I'll have to save this recipe to make it!

Anonymous said...

mmmmm sounds yummy. Except for....

I can only handle so much of cilantro. I think it tastes...well...soapy. :-(

Stacie said...

Thanks for posting this, I'm going to try it soon :-)

Nicole Feliciano said...

I was into salads this week. Hope you'll link up with this recipe or another juicy tidbit from the week:

http://momtrends.blogspot.com/2009/06/friday-feasts-fennel-salad.html