Last week Monday, I called his father seeking some advice. I could not take the mounting pressure at work. I felt this job started to affect my health and my sleep.
On Tuesday I ran into my "deployment grandfather". He said God would give me a sign.
On Wednesday I walked into my office after an extremely long day of meetings and driving. My boss began to question my motivation towards the very random contest among the NC and TN markets. I probably wasn't all that into the contest because I was more worried about closing accounts and gaining clients.
On Thursday morning I signed onto my email account at 6:30am and read "Account has been disabled". I called my boss and with tears in her eyes, she confirmed.
I lost my job. I knew going into it, this job would be nothing short of an uphill battle. Our business is a luxary. A luxary that depends a lot on the automotive industry.
Right now I am just trying to put my career pieces back together and figure out the million dollar question....What do I want to do next. I hate failing. My (former) boss told me I did not fail and there was nothing I could do. I picked up a beautiful recommendation letter from her today.
I do know I am forever blessed with everything else in my life, so if this will be my only set back for the time being. I am ok with it.
15 comments:
Oh hun, I am so sorry. What an awful way to find out about it, as well. I'm sure that God has a better plan for you. In the meantime, enjoy your time with your family and friends :) Looks like you are having a good summer (aside from this...).
I'm sorry punkin! I believe that God has a plan for each of us - and this just means that it's time for your next point along the way.
Hopefully, you'll look back at this later as a blessing in disguise.
I can't believe your boss let you find out that way! But, God does have funny ways of answering our prayers! Hopefully this gives you the opportunity to relax and figure out the next chapter!
I'm so sorry hun! :( I really believe that things happen for a reason though, and there must be something fabulous for you in the works. Keep your head up and keep your eyes open for those coming opportunities
OMG, I'm so so sorry. Hopefully something better will come along soon, I too believe that everything happens for a reason... I'm sure the reason will reveal itself soon :)
I am so sorry! God definitely has bigger and better things out there for you and He has a plan.
You know what I have to say: no job = more pool time with me :).
But seriously, that job didn't seem like it was good for you... I hate seeing you stressed like that!
Here's to summer 2k9 :)
I'm so sorry to hear that! I can't believe your boss wouldn't come tell you first. :\
Through all the challenges, something good will be coming. It may take awhile. But it is coming.
Ugh, that's so awful you had to find out that way, I'm so sorry :-( I second everyone else though, I'm sure it's just leading you to something much better!
Awww what a horrible way to have to find out. I'm so glad you got a beautiful recommendation and that your prayers were answered... even if it wasn't in the way you hoped or expected. I hope you get a chance to recover from the stress of the job!!
Aw, I'm sorry to hear this. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find something amazing, that you LOVE to do.
In the mean time enjoy your time off and do something fun for yourself!
OMG! I'm so sorry! :-(
I have soooo much confidence in you though. Even though we've never met in real life, you're that person that has everything going for you! Such poise and intelligence! Its all going to work out!
Go fix yourself a giant whiskey sour or margarita! I'll have one too and we can toast to "the new chapter" even from thousands of miles apart! :-)
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your job. I definitely agree that God has other plans for you, but in the meantime it doesn't make it sting much less. I hope you are able to figure out your path soon!
What a hard place to be in. I have lost my job, though it's been a while, and although the shock was bad I tried to enjoy the time off and do things around my city that were inexpensive or free. Looking for a new job tends to be a full time job too, but you will find something. Good luck.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I bet you will find something better, though! (I'm doing the job search myself too.)
Keep your chin up!
Post a Comment