Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The real deal

From the beginning I refused to follow the infamous "Donut of Misery" the first half of this deployment. Seeing such a small percentage would probably depress me.

However, while looking at my calendar today I noticed I am six weeks away from R&R. To make it even more real...tonight I received an email from my best friend and love of my life.

The email? An itinerary for the two of us. We're heading to Coronado (San Diego) for four days.

It is finally starting to feel real. And you bet your little butt I am very much excited!

10 comments:

Becca said...

okay, while in SD, you need to go to a place called Extraordinary Desserts in Hillcrest. I promise, you will not regret it!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yeah I'm on the flipside of r and r and I still refuse to do the donut.

That's great that you heard from him and time is getting closer!

d.a.r. said...

You are going to have a blast! It will be here before you know it :)

Kate said...

YAY! I was obsessed with the donut, but I would only let myself look at it once a week.

Anonymous said...

YAYYY!!! That's awesome! 6 weeks will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

oooo fun!!

Megan said...

Now you have me curious, how much you've done of your donut. Perhaps I could just set it up at my house and randomly hint to you from time to time how much you have completed!

Erin said...

Woohoo!! So close!!

Cole said...

That's AWESOME!! I hope the next 6 weeks fly by for you!

jlc said...

Yayyyyy for butts!!!

hahaa ... yeah i was totally ANTI donut when i first heard about it..... now it's exciting!