Sunday, March 21, 2010

Headache Expert

16 days later....I am still fighting this headache. These headaches really have not "sidelined" me from anything. I am still going to work, still cleaning, still trying to be a good, social wife. So either I have a high pain tolerance or they are not full blown migranes.

In the past two weeks I've been to two emergency rooms, a massage therapist and a chiropractor. I've had two shots of steroids in the back of my head (to loosen up one of my neck veins) and a ton of medicine through an IV where I felt extremely loopy for a few days, and managed to pull off 3,200 mg of Motrin in the past 3 days.

My headaches have become a hot topic at work. Some of my favorite members actually call me on their "off" days to check on me and of course everyone has a remedy. So are you ready for them? Here is what I've heard, from my members.

Chewing iceberg lettuce
Dark chocolate
Every kind of medicine you can name
Sex
Orgasms
Blow Jobs
Ice pack on my head
Eye doctor appointment

I haven't tried the lettuce, maybe this week. I also need to get my butt on the phone with Tricare for a referal to a neurologist.

My husband swears up and down its because I fall asleep to the TV. Everyone relaxes or kicks back in their own way, after working all day or cleaning the house, I love relaxing and catching up on the 100s of shows I DVR.

So to increase my productivity this week (and to prove him wrong), I am giving up TV for 21 days. Why 21? They say it takes 21 days to break a habit. I will (try) blog everyday and let you know how it goes. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

Megan said...

Ok, I wish you luck, but I have to say, I fall asleep with the TV on and do not have headache problems.

It sounds like you need to call Tricare and get that referal.

Kpod said...

Yikes! I can't imagine having a headache for that long. I hope you get it figured out soon. You haven't decreased your caffeine intake lately have you?

d.a.r. said...

Ickkkk, that just sounds awful! I hope that you can figure out what is causing this and it isn't anything serious....or anything that lettuce can't fix :)

Courtney said...

So glad that you're able to function despite the headache. Hope you're able to figure out what's going on soon!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Oh no! That's awful that you're still having these headaches! I hope you can get some relief soon!

Lisa said...

Crazy! My sister is having similar problems right now. She's had it for 2-3 weeks now. They thought it was either leftover from a concussion she got over the summer or stress. She's thinking it's stress, and is actually quitting her job and moving back to my mom's in California next month.

Hope you feel better soon and don't have to take such drastic measures!

Erin said...

I have been thinking about you and your poor head! That has got to be awful!

Sherrie said...

A coworker of mine was having terrible problems with migraines. She ended up finding out she had too much yeast in her intestines and has had to follow some sort of diet and her headaches have completely gone away.

Email me if you want more info and I will talk with her about specifics.

GamecockQueen said...

Oh no, so sad that you still have this headache. :-(

I hope you find out the "why" behind it soon - and it get knocked out.

I am also a TV sleeper. Comes from living alone. I like to put it on something like a crime show w/ that soothing talking and put the volume kind of low...lulls me right to sleep. Old movies work pretty good too. I'm not a fan of leaving the TV on MTV or a music channel, a loud song always comes on and wakes me up.

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh! I hope you don't struggle too much with giving up tv! It's tough, I know.

And I really hope the headaches subside soon!