So after pacing in my office this morning, I saw my dad's number on the caller ID. He gave me the news...
Her diagnosis: A cat scratched her eye.
Not just any cat, my cat at home. Now before you all laugh at the very crazy dog lady, the doctor did tell my mother and his mother the scratch could have been fatal. Apparently cats carry quite a bit of gross, disease like things in their claws.
The doctor told them it was a blessing we treated Daisy for a UTI (you didn't loose a week and a half of sleep lady) because my dad religiously fed her the antibiotics since Saturday. The medicine pretty much killed all the bacteria and infection from my cat's claws.
I couldn't tell you the relief and thousand pound bricks lifted off my shoulders when I said out loud, "She's going to be OK".
Moving on to the good part. He hates...no, no, no hate is an understatement...he loathes our cat at home. I do not care much for our 15 year old cat because of my allergies. But everyone knows how he feels about the cat.
I will edit the love of my life's response to my news on Daisy. I laughed so hard at work. And I promise you he will not hurt the cat. They are all threats.
We all know I am a avid F.R.I.E.N.D.S. fan so I will replace any swear words with the word candy.
"I am going to kill that mother candy cat.I cannot believe that candy cat hurt Daisy. If she is not dead when I get home I am going to candy put that candy cat in the candy microwave"
That is all folks.
19 comments:
Bwahahahaha!!!! Your dad sounds like mine with all the "candies"
Now most importantly... PHEW! I can breathe now!! I've been worried sick about you and your Daisy girl all day!! Seriously, i think i checked your blog and FB like a million times!! (Blaze was worried too)
So so so glad she's going to be OK! Give her a big kiss on the nose for us!
And as for you... go treat yourself to a mani/pedi, massage, chocolate, anything! You deserve to be pampered after such a stressful week!!
I actually know someone that ended up in ICU because of "cat scratch fever" from her friend's cat. Basically, she got a staph infection from the cat scratch and didn't treat it until it was nearly fatal. They can definitely be nasty.
I'm glad all is ok.
Awww, I'm so glad the news was good!
His response just about made me pee my pants! Are y'all going to keep the cat?
I'm so glad she's going to be okay!! And I LOVE his response, it was a good way to start my day :-)
What a relief! Yay, I'm so glad everything is alright! Now relax & take some time for yourself.
So glad she is going to be ok! Your dad is hilarious, but such a good guy giving Daisy her anti-biotics! Old cats are so cranky, worse than some old ladies/men.
Hope that's the last of the stressful stuff and you get to have a good rest of the year!
I'm so glad to hear Daisy is ok. Things are looking up. :)
Ohh I am so happy to hear that!! What a relief!!
I just reread this and i still, for the life of me, can't see how i got "dad" out of "love of my life"
I'm losing it...
Thank candying (hehe) God your dog is going to be ok! :)
Yay! I'm so glad that she is going to be ok! I would have been freaked out as well. That must be such a relief!
SO glad she is okay! Whewww.
Fantastic "candy" response!
I'm so glad that Daisy is going to be ok!
hahahaha candy microwaves are fun though no???
I hearttttt Friends too!!! Can't get enough of the reruns. I will seriously sit there and watch the whole episode from start to finish.
Glad the girl's gonna be OK!!!! I've been thinkin of you!
Omg laughing hysterical at Megan's comments!!!!
So relieved that it wasn't anything worse! Poor Daisy!
I love that you used "candy." I can just hear what that rant would have sounded like! :)
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad to hear that Daisy is alright. Hopefully this is your last major hiccup for this deployment and the rest of it will be smooth sailing!
I'm glad she's going to be alright! The worst infected wound I've ever had was a bite from a cute little kitten. . . .
I'm so glad Daisy is going to be okay!! I bet you're finally able to get a good nights sleep :)
Post a Comment