Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 18...Week 19

Errrrr or something like that. Goodness gracious, what have I been doing? To my defense, I probably started close to 5 or 6 updates and forgot they were there with the phone ringing, dogs barking, etc.
I can hardly believe the end of this week starts the month of May. And the girls and I are slowly getting back into a routine.

I am desperately trying to work less. My last job I worked close t 110 hours a week and it completely consumed my life. I promised myself this time I would be different. However, I find myself at times falling into that trap. Overall, I enjoy my job.

Although I did not run the half-marathon for numerous reasons (fell again rollerblading...sick for 2 weeks...starting a new job), I feel somewhat accomplished for keeping up with my deployment goals.

I am still cooking many new receipes and quite proud of myself. Last week I brought over homemade macaroni and cheese for a woman in our company who delievered a baby less than a month ago.

In other exciting news, we (my mom and I) finished decorating the second guest room. And to be honest, its some of her best work yet. I spent less than $200 and my mom probably spent another $200. The result:

Before



After




I absolutely love it and more importantly, he loves it.

I am still reading. I read The Last Lecture last month and still deciding what to read for May.

Right now, I am trying to plan a trip for his R&R in August, desperately trying to get back in shape, and getting ready to open my pool for summer, which excites me.

I cannot complain. Time seems to be moving along nicely...

8 comments:

Lisa said...

That room is GORGEOUS! That's amazing! Where did you shop that you spent only a few hundred dollars?

Sounds like things have been going pretty well so far, though!

Megan said...

Uhm could you come over here and try to motivate me to exercise again? I feel off the wagon last week, and right now, I don't see myself getting back on.

Erin said...

That room looks amazing! Glad things are moving along nicely and you are enjoying your job!

Anonymous said...

Dude!! Where have you been all my life??!!! (Well, the past few weeks.) I've been missin' your blog posts :-(

And all the interior decorating is incredible! I'm extremely jealous!

Jenn said...

The room looks amaaaazing!

Stacie said...

Would you and your mother like to decorate for my house whenever I get one, please please please?!?! :-) it looks fantastic and I'm glad everything's re-settling for you!

lola said...

I love that room! Accent walls are the best and you guys picked a fab color!

I've heard amazing things about The Last Lecture.. I may have to pick it up!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks so fabulous! You guys did a great job. :)