Thursday, April 2, 2009

Week Sixteen...Week Seventeen

I am OVER it. So over it.

When I finally sat down today, my dad called to tell me he didn't think he could watch the dogs next weekend. I had my first complete and utter breakdown since he left 17 weeks ago.

My past two weeks

Work

Broke not 1, but 2 printers and honestly sat on the phone for one hour yesterday while our IT guy tried to explain how to upload the MP feeder. Yeah, not going to happen, just send someone to fix it. I don't have the time or patience for it, but yet he kept trying to explain this impossible task to me.

I forgot my password one week after working. Keep in mind I type this password in 20 times a day minimum and had to call IT.

And of course my suspended license

Money

I have never been good with money or budgeting. I glance at my accounts online every once in a blue moon. I realized my first check did not automatically deposit, four days after the fact. I am also in between switching banks and thought I had all my ducks in a row until today. I remembered my car payment came out of my account that I am closing, so I bounced my first "check" and am now in the negative.

And when does it end? Bridesmaid dresses, vet appointments, race registrations, even sending care pacakges. Sometimes I wish it really did grow on trees, at least every once in awhile.

My dogs

Well it all started with the thought of boarding them two weeks ago. Oh yeah, did you know that cost money too?!

After raving about my favorite Nine West high heels I bought 6 years ago for $100 (my most expensive clothing purchase ever) to my friend Kristyn, I began packing for the wedding. And when I reached for the shoes, one was missing. I looked underneath my bed, also known as Daisy's cave, and saw the right one absolutely destroyed in her mouth.

I also hate dog hair and Daisy's hair is just out of control and almost overwhelming. When I am not at work, I am following her around the house with my vacuum.

Sunday night after an exhausting weekend, I came home to Daisy and her brand new urinary tract infection. She peed on my carpet for the first time since October. And then again on the kitchen floor and then on the dining room floor. During the night, she woke me up every 2 hours to go outside. Sometimes we made it outside, other times we did not.

Three nights later...I am still waking up every 2 hours with her. Vet appointment is scheduled for Saturday, once my check deposits. Again you need money to see the vet.

Him

After one of the best weekends since he left, I ached the entire ride back home with thoughts of missing him. I loved I was a part of their special day, but these are his friends and it just wasn't the same without him.

I also did not hear from him all week, which I am ok with, but I just needed him a little more this week than normal. And of course the whole "I email you every single night and you cannot just hit reply" mentality came bubbling up to the surface.


I mowed the grass a week ago and it needs to be cut again, like badly. I did not run once this week. My bridesmaid dress still has not come in (wedding next weekend) and I spent a good part of the week talking with numerous representatives at the bridal online store. His grandfather's cancer just doubled in size and we really doubt he will make it to his R&R. I was looking forward to driving home this weekend and leaving my dogs there all next week since I am out of town next weekend for my best friend's wedding and just really need a break. And believe it or not, I was looking forward to cleaning my house, like REALLY clean. Then my dad called and said next week might not workout.

Enter: tears

I do not think he knew those few, simple sentences could do that much damage, but there is some baggage behind it.

I hate playing the "poor me" card, but I am just so over the deployment right now.

I did realize through of this that the love of my life really does make everything go away, I absolutely love the friends in my life, I am actually pretty good at my job, I love cupcakes, and my dad will do anything for me. Like promise me ice cream tomorrow night.

I guess if this is the worst of it, I am still alive and kicking. And it can only get better, right?

12 comments:

J.L.S. said...

Unfortunately this probably won't be the only bump. I know I hit a slump about the 3-4 month mark and again the 7 month mark. But, you are doing such an incredible job of holding up! Honestly. Try to keep your chin up. You'll get through this little bump in the road, and you'll come back stronger! I promise!

Megan said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a rough week. Are you still going out of town this weekend?

I promise that this too shall pass, hopefully next week will be much brighter for you.

Cole said...

Aww, I'm sorry!

This totally sucks, but you'll make it through! I hope that crying and just letting all the frustration out helped.

jlc said...

It's good to let it out though.

My breakdown happened during the first two weeks. I think I let everythingggg out then (enough for a 2 year deployment! haha)

But yeah, I hear ya on the money thing. I'm in charge of my own thing, but sometimes get nervous when I have all these additional expenses --- bridesmaid dresses AND packages included.

Then I feel bad. How could I NOT send him anything just to save money? It happens though....

It sucks. But I just wanted to let you know that someone else has been there. Thinking of you.....

lola said...

You're having a rough week, but you have to get through it. You can and you will.

Is there a friend that would be willing to let your dogs stay with them for the weekend?

Also, I love cupcakes. They can make things better too! :)

Jenn said...

Just think.. odds are you won't have a week as bad as this one for a long while. And things will get better. That's what I always remind myself. Stay strong! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah it will all get better... as soon as you hop on the FIRST flight to Alaska and spend some time with me and my BIG bottles of wine/beer/whiskey sours/whatever =) Bring yo dogs too! We can chase them around with vacuums together! Sounds like you need a major vaca!! What a rough week! Chin up, its going to get better!!

Kate said...

Things will get better. Everything seems to go wrong when they leave. It will get better. Keep your head up.

Anonymous said...

When it rains, it pours...I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. Hopefully things will start looking up soon. Hang in there <3

Erin said...

I am sorry that things have been so crappy the last weeks or so. You definitely are allowed to feel "over it". I think it hits a lot of people around 3-4 months in when you have come so far and still feel like there is so far to go. I will be thinking of you!

And keep up with the cupcakes, I swear they help!

Courtney said...

I'm so sorry. I had a week like that last week. I hope its just contained to a week for you and then its over. I totally understand though, it sucks! But, (hopefully) now you've gotten through it and are that much stronger for it.

tootie said...

You poor thing! I hope this next week goes much better for you.

And yes..ice cream can definitely help :)