Saturday, April 4, 2009

Seriously

I really hate trying to play "poor me", but I just really want remember the lowest point of this deployment, how I handled it, and more importantly how I trucked through it.

That being said...

I fell rollerblading yesterday. Tripped over Dakota. And while meeting with a client I decided for some reason to drive over the parking curb. I began to laugh at myself and said, this will get better.

I think I may have been off just a little...

His wonderful mother met a vet appointment at her vet's office. Dr Jones is a good family friend and adores not only me, but him. He coached my love in soccer for years and their kids grew up together. As soon as I saw him I gave him a big hug.

Before he entered the room, Daisy did her usual staring. Only I noticed she looked VERY creepy. One of her pupils was so tiny and the other was normal size. I asked his mother, "Doesn't she look weird". Now this dog stares at me all of the time, so I truly believe this is the first time I noticed this.

Dr. Jones walked in and I pointed out her eye. He looked a little confused and pulled her onto the examining table and said he needed to go get a few more tools. Well Miss Daisy jumped off the table and into the Doctor's area. I apologized and Dr. Jones said he actually wanted the doctors to look at her eyes. I laughed, walked back into the room.

I immediately turned around to see 3 doctors surrounding her in addition to a tech holding her down. I made a joke to his mom, "Oh they do not want to tell the crazy dog lady something is terribly wrong with her dog".

Dr. Jones walked in and it did not look good. He seemed very confused by her eye. He said something is pushing her pupil forward in the back of her head. Fungal disease is common in huskies and other wolf like dogs.

I continued to nod and said, what every other owner would say, "What does this mean?"

His response, "I want to wait and see, but Courtney, I do not want to even go there just yet, let's just say it's not good, worse case scenario". Dr. Jones knowing me immediately grabbed the kleenex box.

And 1 hour later, I am still crying.

Dr. Jones told me to wait until Monday to see what happens with her eye. Right now Dak is over with his parents and my parents are spoiling Daisy rotten.

If there is any silver lining in any of this, I mean what are the chances that not only am I sitting in the vet's office when I notice this, but his mother happens to know a dog eye specialist's home number since her own bulldog went there a few times.

Screw you Murphy.

12 comments:

jlc said...

Oh no! I hope her eye gets better soon and that he'll be able to get her back to 100%.

No one understands unless you HAVE a dog, that they really are like having a kid. :(


Thoughts are with you...

J.L.S. said...

I'm praying for you! Bad news about dogs/pets is the absolute worst feeling in the world. They really do become a huge part of your family! I'm hoping for the best! Keep us updated!

Cole said...

I'm so sorry! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Dakota gets better really soon.

Courtney said...

I am so so sorry about all this! I promise, it will all get better soon. I hope everything works out with Daisy. At least you caught it.

Erin said...

Oh goodness!! I really will be praying that Daisy is ok!!

Katie said...

Oh no! Poor Daisy!! I'm thinking of you guys and I hope everything turns out okay and they are able to figure it all out!

Anonymous said...

My heart seriously sank in to my stomach when i read this. I am so sorry! My heart really goes out to you and poor lil' Daisy girl! My thoughts and prayers are with ya'll! Give her a big kiss on the nose and tell her its from my huskies and I!

Hang in there!

lola said...

I hope they figure out what is going on with Daisy and that everything goes well. I'll keep you and Daisy in my thoughts!

Stacie said...

I just posted on your fb but I wanted to post again, I'll be thinking of you and Daisy and hoping everything works out. Shoot me a email or call me if you need to vent or anything at all.

e said...

aw, that's sad about your dog :( hang in there.. you'll get through it

Herding Chaos said...

Poor girl! I hope this goes away on it's own, no fun for either party. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Deployment slumps are the worst! Ugh, you have every right to complain. At least you have a blog for an outlet. I always wonder why Murphy decides to visit more often when hubby is deployed.
I hope your baby gets better soon. At least you have a good doc on the case.