Thursday, April 30, 2009

Please.

I convinced myself the other day, I need to start working out in the morning. Most days I usually have time in the evening, but warmer weather, fast growing grass, and two crazy dogs, I would love to knock it out before walk foot into my office.

I am a morning person, so I thought to myself, hey no problem waking up 45 minutes earlier. Howver, Daisy, as always, has other plans.




For the third night in a row, I woke up at 12am, 1am, 3am, and 5am.

Why? She wants to sit by the pool. I swear at 3:43 this morning, I resisted the temptation to lock her in the garage or leave her outside in the rain all night.


Any theories?


Here are my two:


1) Its around 70 degrees outside, pretty hot for an Alaskan sled dog so she might be uncomfortable sleeping in my room. (Although last night I finally turned on the air).


2) She is still not back on our usual schedule. From being at my parents house for two weeks and last weekend and the weekend before, my houseguests arrived at 1 and 2am.




Either way, PLEASE STOP INTERUPTING MY SLEEP!


I am so crabby without it.

10 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Oh my Lord, I am NOT alone!!! Arthur wants to go play in the backyard, chase bunnies, get a drink, bark at the couch, etc. at 1am and 3am. Every.single.night.

It is starting to drive me insane!!!!

Cole said...

Beckett LOVES to lounge by the pool at 1 AM!

My neighbors must get a good giggle if they can hear me begging him to get his little doxie butt back into the house.

Erin said...

hopefully she settles back into a nice routine soon!

e said...

omg too funny... i think i would have totally left her outside alone by the pool :oP

Anonymous said...

That is SO funny because Blaze is doing the SAME thing now that its starting to warm up here in AK. At night, he wants to go outside and lay in the mud/wet ground. So i get woken up at 12, then 3. I missed my early morning workout this morning because of it. Sometimes when i let them out at 3am i just leave them haha.

Jenn said...

Copper is ridiculous like that too. The other night he kept dropping his ball on my face while I was sleeping. He wanted to play fetch in the middle of the night. Copper and Daisy would get along great, they're both nuts! Plus, they are too cute and look a like, as well :)

lola said...

Hahah, I'm so crabby when woken up in the middle of the night.

Katie said...

Oh goodness! Luckily mine aren't waking me up that often but they do wake me up. If Ryker isn't sleeping in the bed around an hour before I want to get up he comes to my side and whines and whines and whines. Why? Because he wants up on the bed and is too lazy to jump himself. I hope now that its warming up here they don't start this process too! I'll never be able to deal with 2 year olds if that happens!

I don't know how you're doing it! Do you leave the bedroom door open at night? If you don't maybe if she's able to go into a room with wood or tile floors it'll be cooler for her. You could also just leave her outside but if she starts barking at 1am are you really going to want to try to shut her up? I know I wouldn't want too.

Stacie said...

Aww, I hope she settles back into a routine soon! Jon works out in the mornings and loves it, he says his whole day goes better instead of waiting towards the evening to work out. I'm not sure how helpful that is to you but I thought I'd share!

Anonymous said...

LOL...I was having the same problem. Back when the weather was changing, my puppies wouldn't stay asleep either. I had to lower the temp at night so they would sleep through the night and leave me alone. :)