However, I am forgetting about two very important things. Dakota and Daisy.
I kept putting off what to do until tonight. I called my mother and toyed with the idea of driving 6 hours north to Chicago to drop them off and drive another 14 hours south to the wedding.
I began researching boarding places. Dakota is tough and stayed with some crazy people down at flight school. With Daisy, I am more sensitive, especially after her surgery experience. I looked up a place everyone raved about here. I began reading the reviews:
the packages of food I had expected them to eat were still in the bag. As soon as I got them home, the female jumped out of the car and let loose a large diarrhetic stool
My friends dog got killed here.It was a small dog, and since they were careless, they let it in the large roaming area with big dogs. The poor thing got mauled to death.
I was told by more than one reliable source that a large dog died while at the Guest HouseI was told that the Guest House was negligent in caring for the dog and that the dog died a traumatic and terrible death.
So I started crying about the thought of boarding them. I sucked it up and called a good friend stationed here. I asked him about the possiblity of house/dog sitting and he agreed. I wanted to reach through the phone and hug him.
I still feel guilty about sitting around so besides running and rollerblading, cooking and baking take up a lot of my time now.
I made a yummy homemade salsa for a nice healthy snack for when I get home:
1 med green pepper, diced
1 med red pepper, diced
1 med vidalia (sweet) onion, diced
4 regular tomaotes, diced OR 6 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 bag frozen sweet corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1 packet good season dry italian dressing mix
Combine all of the ingredients and refrigerate 2 hours before eating.
1 med red pepper, diced
1 med vidalia (sweet) onion, diced
4 regular tomaotes, diced OR 6 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 bag frozen sweet corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
1 packet good season dry italian dressing mix
Combine all of the ingredients and refrigerate 2 hours before eating.
And on Sunday, my poor friend had one of our friends fall through her attic floor into her kitchen so I brought over Dijon Orange Roughy Fillets (fish very similiar to Tilapia)
It might be the easiest, best tasting recipe ever.
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablesoon Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tbs fresh lemon juice
4 Orange Roughy/Tilapia
3 tbs fresh bread crumbs
Preheat over to 450 degrees. Melt butter over low heat in saucepan. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. and mix well Place fish in lightly greased baking pan. Pour sauce over fillets and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake for 7-8 minutes.
I also made layered oatmeal-chip cookies tonight for our pot luck dinner tonight. However, I made 30 cookies and while they were cooling, I forgot about them and walked out of the room. My beautiful husky snatched 4-5 of them. Grrrr.
7 comments:
I left an award for you, check it out!
Aww oh no!! I'll keep Dakota and Daisy!! Oh wait, i forgot about the 3,000 mile gap :-( I agree with your last comment on my blog, let's live in the same town next go around! =)
I've been kenneling my dogs at St B's Vet Clinic, and have been very happy with them so far. What places have you been looking into?
Oh man, I had no idea about the comments about The Guest House. That's where I took our Daisy when I went to Mexico. She liked it there though. I need to board the babies for block leave too.
Yeahhhh that driving would have been absolutely INSANE!!!
Glad you found a place. I hope you have a good time!!!
Yummmmmmm!! I seriously need to start baking more. Those look deelish.
I am glad you have a solution for the doggies! I always get nervous when I board the boys...
Also, I am a dork and forgot to add you to my blog roll when I redid my blog!
I left an award for you!
Post a Comment