So since I could not:
1) workout
2) read (head hurt)
3) watch TV (no good TV on)
4) clean (already cleaned Saturday)
I baked and cooked! I knew getting back into the full swing of work, I could not spend as much time cooking dinner or making lunches, so I decided to cook lunch/dinner for the rest of the week. Nothing too crazy, except I made a rather large batch of Fried Rice with Tofu for the first time.
And in honor of my most recent Pampered Chef purchase

I made cookies. He's a big fan of Craisins, especially the Cherry Flavored Craisins. I made a very delicious batch of Black Forest Cookies. I am not going to lie, I ate two of them and they tasted heavenly. I wanted to eat more before I remembered he's in Afghanistan.
And my product review of the medium cookie scoop: I love it. I enjoy making cookies, however, I am that girl with the cookie dough all over her fingers while trying to make them even on the cookie sheet. It made my life a lot easier and my cookies are all the same size for the first time ever.
Hopefully I'll continue my adventures in the kitchen.
12 comments:
I always end up with cookie dough on my hands as well...it's envitable. I have to confess, I'm not crazy about the P.C. products. I think that I was invited to too many parties in the past few years. However, I do love using their stoneware, it's the easiest cleanup ever!
I keep thinking about getting one of those but then I figure it wont really work and I'll end up with one more thing to store AND cookie dough on my fingers. I'll have to look into it again after your review.
My MIL broke one, not by PC, but by another company, realizing that she can't use it on hard dough. I've always just used two spoons. Never been to a PC party, but would love to go some time.
Those cookies sound tasty! He is going to love them!
I LOVE my PC scoop! That sucker makes the perfect size cookies. I used it last night; sending care packages to all the boys today and NEEDED to send chocolate chip cookies. :-)
I love make-ahead meals and cooking for the week. It makes it so much easier!
Now I'm in the mood for cookies :)
Your header image is beautiful, by the way.
mmmm cookies with cherry flavored craisins sound heavenly!! I can seriously go through a whole bag of cherry flavored craisins in like a day! Put them in cookies and well, that's just dangerous!
I think I need to get one of those cookie scoopers! You should see the mess I make baking cookies!
I need one of these scoops. I never thought they would actually work- but a good review might be what I need to persuade the husband to get a new gadget.
Love the new layout and I hope you're feeling better!!
Ahhh LOVE the Pampered Chef. OR let's be honest, buying things in there that my HUSBAND will use in the kitchen since he loves to cook and I don't.
Hope your head is feeling better!!
And I agree, April moms ROCK. So weird too, cause she's an Aries and so is Sam!! Definitely meant to be.
I might need to invest in that thing! Right now I do the 2 spoon deal. I've looked on the craisin site before and bookmarked a ton of recipes and I'm pretty sure that was one of them!
Post a Comment