We are another month down, not another week a whole entire month!
(I feel like I just blogged about this a few days ago, not a month ago)
Well subbing consumed most of my time this week. On Monday I wanted to hang a few kids from the ceiling and practice torture techniques on them. Friday I felt so comfortable and in control. I knew what to expect from them and they knew EXACTLY what to expect from me.
i.e. Since many of them struggle with the definition of "Quiet" a few of them had to write the definition out 150 times. Needless to say, we all now know how to be quiet.
I also made friends with a few of the teachers and they informed me this is the worst 6th grade class in years, not to mention the top 10 troublemakers all have English with yours truly.
And now for great/sad news. After 4 interviews, I landed a job in the business world! I should start working by the end of this week. I am thrilled, however, I am bummed about leaving behind the kids and the classroom. I grew attached to the school and definitely the teachers. Not to mention the Assistant Principal really wanted me to accept the long term position.
I know in the big picture, I am making the right decision.
My tailbone still bothers me from time to time. I started running this weekend and felt amazing after all my runs. The tailbone nagged me during my runs, but I never felt in pain or extremely uncomfortable so it looks as though I am T-minus 6 days before my half-marathon.
My friend Leslie and I enjoyed a wonderful, warm weekend together. She felt a lot more comfortable with the area and was really thankful at the end of the weekend. We drove around, worked out, shopped, looked at houses and hung out with some friends.
I forgot how much I love looking at houses, maybe its because I love my real estate agent, Destiny. I love how I am completely 100% myself (which is sometimes a pain in the butt) around her. Not to mention I laugh so much with her and Lynne. Leslie was definitely impressed not only by them, but my wonderful relationship with them.
Last night a bunch of girls and our friend Joe headed to the local bar for a friends birthday and this morning I woke up with my first hangover in quite some time. I still managed to attend church and run.
And speaking of church, lately during the services the kids in there really disrupt my concentration. Its not a small disruption, its a constant disruption. Now I am a very patient, understanding person, but I grew so frustrated today. An amazing choir came to sing and visit and I heard the screaming kid better than a 45 all men choir. Please take your screaming child outside, do not try to console them in the church while he kicks and hits you. In 10 years, he/she will be one of those 6th graders I wanted to torture/tie up ::end rant::
Jeni teaching us how to make the most delicious Korean Food!
7 comments:
Congrats on the new job!!!!
congrats on the new job!! I'm like you, kids in church totally distract me.
Yea for the job! I haven't seen you at the gym in awhile :( Have you not been going b/c of your tailbone...or it may just be that I've been going in the morning, and I'm thinking you're there in the evening.
Congrats on the new job!! It sounds like you are making some incredible friends there and are quite content :)
Wow the time is flying! Congrats on the new job...when do you start?
Haha..well hot was not exactly the look I was going for, but it works! I haven't seen you in forever, please tell me you are going to bookclub!
Congrats on the new job! If you think you made the right decision than I'm sure you did!
Post a Comment