Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Yeah Right...

About two weeks ago, my mom and I discussed my bruised tailbone:

Mom: I fell on my tailbone 4 years ago
Me: Oh yeah, I remember
Mom: And when its cold outside, sometimes it still hurts

In my head: Ok mom, we all know you're crazy, but we love you anyways

After 3 decent runs outside, I felt a little better about my upcoming race. Today the temperature dropped to 39 degrees after 4 days of 65+ temps. And my back started killing me today!

It doesn't help that after 10 days with 6th graders, I know have a terrible cold.

Did I mention I am running a half marathon on Saturday?



Remember when he surprised me with Daisy? He informed me that the breeder said she would only shed twice a year.

In my head: Yeah, whatever. What is she a snake? I am sure its no big deal

Sure enough, after 8 months of seeing strands of white hair here and there, I am now seeing CHUNKS of white hair EVERYWHERE!

I cannot stand it. I vaccum twice a day now sometimes and fill my wonderful Dyson to the top.

I kept telling her today (yes I talk to my dogs, my better half is deployed) that she's lucky I love her so much.



I guess seeing really is believing.

4 comments:

jlc said...

Good luck on your half marathon!!!!

How long have you been running?? I'm so jealous of runners with experience who can just do these on any given weekend and be ready!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Writing about my huskies' fur shedding was going to be my next post because they are both in their "first shedding period." I can pick tufts of hair off Blaze like im pickin' cotton!

But i have a (drom roll...) Furminator!!! Google it. Its expensive but AMAZING! Its a brush that cuts the under coat and it takes all that fur right out!

You can find them on Ebay for like $20-$30!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. One of my dogs sheds a lot and I feel like I'm always vacuuming.

Good luck with your marathon!

e said...

ugh you k n ow what, my tailbone STILL hurts... i fell down the stairs December 14th. It's still very sensitive to the touch and sometimes - not like before- picking up heave things really puts a strain on it. I hope yours heals faster than mine@