Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Law Breaker

Work was fantastic today. The sun was shining. Life was great...

Then I get a call from my boss after work before I am meeting some girlfriends for dinner.

My boss: We received the results from your background check. Do you know your Driver's License is suspended?

Me: WHAT?!

Apparently I did not finish a Driver's Saftey Course after a ticket in January 2008. I vividly remember taking that boring piece of crap class over Memorial Day Weekend. Luckily the BMV stays open late on Tuesdays. I called them and their response, simply enough, "Well you can show them your Certificate proving you completed the course".

Me again: What?! Who keeps those things for 10 months. And truth of the matter is I worked so much May-July, there is a very good chance I threw it out.

Worse part, I lost my license in May, received a new license in June and bought a new car in August. So I made two trips to the BMV WELL after my saftey test due date. Both times, they failed to mention anything about a suspended license.

I am very, very angry. Good thing I get a night to cool off before calling tomorrow morning.

10 comments:

Megan said...

I'm confused do you mean DMV?

And now more importantly, do you want me to drive to Book Club tomorrow? I double checked the evite today, I was wrong, it does start at 6:30...unless you want to get there early for a drink.

Herding Chaos said...

WOW I love how people miss things in their own office!

I hope everything gets cleared up!

Cole said...

Wow, good luck!! It's amazing the things that the DMV neglects to mention.

Anonymous said...

This has absolutely nothing to do with your post but i just want to let you know i love the picture of you and your man at the top of your layout. I always come to your blog and just sit and look at it for a while! haha! Its just so romantic and you're all beautiful with your hair blowing. Looks like it should be on the cover of a Love novel.

Erin said...

Argh! How frustrating!! I hope it gets worked out soon!

Katie said...

That's so frustrating! I hope you were able to figure it all out today!

The Mrs. said...

shocking the dmv is filled with idiots. Really I'm dumbfounded by that. : ) good luck getting it straightened out and keeping your sanity.

jlc said...

OMG!!

That was like me this week with my car insurance. Did you know I've been driving around my new car (since OCTOBERRRR) WITHOUT ANY INSURANCE?!?!

People need to learn how to keep files straight.

jlc said...

Ditto on megan's comment. Hahah she's so cute! And I agree 100%!!

Mrs. Mootz said...

Ugh! What a headache! Good luck getting it straightened out.