Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Week Eleven

Well where do I start...

I truly believe I am suffering from blogger's block. And I know exactly why.

About 10 days ago, I decided to "forgo" my newest job opportunity. Its an incredibly long story that I promise to share eventually. I will say I absolutely made the right decision and have no regrets whatsoever. For awhile I found it difficult to blog.

I am back in the interview/resume/application saddle and found some luck. I am on interview #3 with a company, but not sure what will happen next. While I continue my job search related to my major, I am subbing. And let me say, God Bless teachers. I taught elementary all of last week. I never said "Keep your hands to yourself" or "Eyes and ears on me girls and boys" more in my entire life.

This week I am subbing 6th grade English at a local middle school, Monday-Friday. Its like a real job, ha, which I am still adjusting to this new schedule. They actually offered me a long term position to teach that class until the end of the school year. I have until the end of the week to decide.

And let me tell you, my dogs HATE my schedule. I truly believe I trained obedient dogs, but not as of late. Friday afternoon I came home to two very hyper dogs. I immediately changed my clothes and put on my rollerblades. The girls took off so fast that all of a sudden I witnessed both of my legs and rollerblades fly straight into the air and I landed square on my back. I self-diagnosed myself with a bruised tailbone.

Four days later I am still in a ton of pain. I did not go to kickboxing for the first time in 2 months. Instead I lifted and ran two miles at a very slow pace. My darling friend and neighbor brought over her heating pad and let's just say, its my new best friend, even replaced DVR in my life!

I promised myself to take it easy this week, but I am growing more and more frustrated as I realized I am 11 days away from my half-marathon. I do not know what to do.

Besides all the minor drama, I am still feeling good about a lot of things. As I approach the three month mark, I am:

  • Still cooking three new meals a month
  • Scrapbooking a lot more
  • Already reading my second book, a trashy Hollywood novel this month
  • Studying a little more for my personal training license
  • Involving myself more at my church and still attending every week

Six out of the past seven weekends, my house was filled with visitors. Last weekend my sister and brother-in-law visited. This weekend is no different. His former teammate at WP's wife wants to come check out the area while her husband finishes Ranger School. They plan to move here in May which means another wonderful friend nearby.

Hopefully this ends my blogger's block!

7 comments:

jlc said...

Omg Piper HATES the fact that I work. It's awful. Thankfully my sister is around during the daytime (she bartends.)


Congrats on the new job! You'll get used to the new sched soon!! I promise. :)

Megan said...

The benefit of long term is that you will stay really busy. But take it from me, it's not worth it. You can still work everyday and not have the responsibility of the long term position. Trust me...I've been there.

d.a.r. said...

Oh gosh, what a week. Hang in there!!!

Erin said...

I didn't know that it was possible for something to replace DVR in the top spot of a woman who's man is deployed! Haha.

Mrs. Mootz said...

Sounds like you've been keeping busy. That should eventually give you lots to blog about :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! What the heck were you doing rollerblading with your dogs?! you are a brave brave girl! I hope your tailbone feels better :-(

Stacie said...

Hope you feel better soon!!