Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lobster Gram

Normal girls get flowers for Valentines Day. People who know the two of us together know there is nothing normal about our relationship.

My freshman-junior year of college, he sent flowers on President's Day with a note that always read, "Everyone gets flowers on Valentines Day, but only YOU get flowers for President's Day".

My senior year of college, I received an autographed baseball from him. What famous person signed it? He did. He told me it would be worth lots of money someday.

Last year, to appease my Grey's Anatomy obsession, he bought me something related to it. The actual book, "Gray's Anatomy".

He loves to make me laugh above all else.

He outdid himself this year. After my vet appointment, I walked to my front porch to see a container reading perishable goods.

Yes, my friends I received a Lobster Gram. At first I thought a live lobster would jump out at me, but after carefully opening the box. I saw a pre-packaged dinner for two. His note read:

Hey baby, Since I couldn't be there to take you out, I figured I would bring dinner to you. Happy President's Day. I love you.

Its my favorite dinner, reserved only for special occasions.

While everyone else received flowers, I received a lobster gram. I am the luckiest girl in the world.

Now I just to find someone to eat a nice, fancy dinner with me.

15 comments:

CLR said...

Me!! Me!!

J.L.S. said...

Awww! I love it!!

Aliya said...

Thats adorable and amazing. Food is better than flowers ANY DAY in my book!! haha :)

Erin said...

That is too cute! MMMM Lobster!

When you I read "Lobster gram" I thought of some guy dressed up as a lobster at your door.

Katie said...

Oh that is the cutest thing I've ever heard! I'll come eat it with you! I love lobster! YUM! Enjoy!

tootie said...

That has got to be one of the coolest gifts I've ever heard of! He is very thoughtful and creative :)

Mrs. Mootz said...

That is awesome! What a great gift!

Sara said...

Oh that's funny!

Cole said...

What a sweetheart he is! :-)

Lacey Bean said...

That is freaking hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

What a personality! He sounds like a great guy :)

e said...

haha

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! Pick me!!!! Spending summer after summer in Maine, Lobster is also my favorite meal.

Your man definitely gets most creative award!

jlc said...

Awww I love this post!!!

And seriously LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I heard about the Gray's Anatomy thing.

You guys are freaken cute!!

K gotta go check up on all your other posts now!! :)

Stacie said...

Super cute!! :-)