Looking over my answers from my last Q&A, I mentioned how I hate his sense of urgency with things and how we handle pre-arguments with humor. This morning as I let the dogs out, I realized when it gets warmer, I will be cutting the grass a lot more and it took me back to my most recent birthday.
He insisted on cutting the backyard himself because he wanted it done a certain way (I didn't ask). He promised me for about two weeks he would cut it tomorrow. The day of my birthday, we planned on having people over so I began my massive spring cleaning including cutting the front yard.
Daisy needed to go outside, so of course I let her out. And I am not even kidding, I lost my 10 week old puppy in the tall grass. I knew something needed to be done. So after I cut the front, I need to drag the lawn mower into the shed in the backyard.
I then had an idea.
I turned the lawn mower on as soon as I reached the backyard and cut a very distinct zig-zag pattern path heading to the shed towards the other end of the yard. I smiled.
You see, I know him a little too well. He is a perfectionist... a procrastinator too, but a perfectionist, none the less.
When he came home, he saw the backyard and asked "What did you do". And I replied with a very calm, "I just cut a path to the shed, that's all". He then nodded his head and immediately changed his clothes and cut the entire backyard.
While he cut the yard, his boss, who was planning on attending my little birthday party, called to ask about details. He asked what the love of my life was currently doing and I smiled and said "Cutting the backyard" and his boss asked, "How did you get him to do that" (it was a topic at many get togethers weeks before).
I then told him my story and he replied, "Oh, you are good at this".
So Rule #1 with living together, use trickery :)
9 comments:
Hahaha I really love this story! I could see it all happening!
LOVE it!!! You're so smart! I wouldn't have thought of something like that. Very clever.
Haha that's awesome, I love it! (saving it for possible future use...)
Hahah! I love this story! Too cute!
Ohhh that's good. I've found trickery works better than nagging :-) Now if only I could use trickery to get him to clean the second bedroom!
OMG That's such a funny story! Very cute!
Oh my gosh that story is too funny! haha!
haha.. that is definitely one i'll have to keep in my memory banks
Love it! :-)
Post a Comment