Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Imperfect persons

You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but seeing an imperfect person perfectly

If we both sat down to write a list of each other's imperfections and then exchanged the lists for the other person to see, we would laugh and agree 100% with what the other person wrote. I guess that is what I love about us, we know each other's "flaws" and actually embrace them or laugh at them.

Well right now, even though he currently lives in a war zone, I could strangle him. You see the love of my life never feels any sense of urgency, whatsoever. He gets to things when he gets to thing.

While looking at houses, I NEEDED a fence for the dogs. He repeatedly mentioned more than once he could build a fence. Of course I laughed in my head and just tuned him out completely. After eight years together, I know him better than anyone. You see it took him nearly six months to unpack the clothes in the corner of our room.

We are slowly learning this whole "joint decisions" mumbo-jumbo. He loves being involved and I absolutely love that about him. However, everything I send for his opinion/approval takes forever. I sent him an email about a month ago to edit, waiting on paint colors, waiting on tax information, etc. Now I am sure his "honey do" list overwhelms him so I refuse to nag.

God really did put me on earth to be his other half because He certainly blessed me with out of this world patience.

The worse part about the distance is my foot cannot reach his rear end to get him moving.

Tomorrow's blog entry...my imperfections :)

5 comments:

e said...

thats actually one of my favorite quotes of all time

Anonymous said...

What a great post. I think it's nice when two people balance out each other's imperfections. That quote is also one of my favorites.

The Mrs. said...

HA! i had to laugh at building a fence. flyboy is like that... and while i dont doubt that he COULD do it... I doubt how long it wuold TAKE him to do it.

Sure one day we'd have a great fence... too bad it would be ten days after never!

Erin said...

D is like that too, but it is funny the things he finds urgency about. They are mostly different than mine. Shocker.

I am glad that I am not the only one that has wanted to strangle my husband while he is deployed. Especially when he won't answer my urgent questions!!

Erin said...

Oh, and when I say strangle, I do mean it in the most loving way possible ;)