How did you meet?
We took the same weight training class the summer after my freshman year of high school, but never spoke. We apparently both "checked" each other out on several occasions during the summer.
One night my friends decided to head over to another football players house to race. (Yes, I mean car race, boys!). The boys raced, both pulled over, and let off with no ticket. He later became separated from his friends and met up with my friends and I in a gas station parking lot. We flirted and went our separate ways.
That night he found my screen name and IMed me. And the beauty of AOL...after several days of chatting online, I asked him out on our first date :)
Your favorite physical feature of *him*?
His chest. Weird I know, but he is always in such great shape and I love how safe I feel when I rest my head upon his chest.
What was the hardest thing about moving in with him?
Nothing, we moved in together on a whim and I left a lot behind, but I knew it was exactly where we both belonged.
What did you/do you fight about the most?
The timing of when we get around to things...Other than that, not much fighting from us. We use humor as a defense mechanism so we never let things get tense between us.
What was your favorite date?!
Dave and I are not date people. We love being around a group of people or cuddling on the couch, watching a movie or a TV show. Even go to a restaurant, just the two of us is a treat.
However, my favorite weekend, he surprised me with a trip to a beautiful Bed & Breakfast in Tolland, Connecticut.
What you guys plan to do when he gets back?
Go on more dates! Like the abnormal, dates you see on the Bachelor.
We both agreed to go on a "first" date when he returns with him picking me up at "my" house and surprise me with the date details.
Although, he always laughs and says, "You mean OUR house".
What is your dream destination?
Whatever suits us at the time. Ideally I want great school systems and relatively close to our families.
What is your dream army installation destination?
I like where we live now, Fort Campbell. Yes between HI, Germany, and CO, I like Kentucky/Tennessee. It has a somewhat southern appeal while only being 6 hours from our families.
Have you picked out your unborn children's names yet?
I would love to name our first son after my grandfather, Tucker Emmit. And lately, I really like the name Rebecca for a girl. However, I probably should ask him.
Can you believe after 8 years, we never discussed children's names?!
What's your ideal wedding visioning?
A VERY simple, outdoor wedding in the summer on some historic plantation/mansion.
What is a personal goal while he's gone?
I find myself in just 10 weeks of deployment, waiting until he returns, hoping to rush time. Just a few months ago, I found myself waiting until he left, trying to slow down time.
My most important goal during his deployment would be to stop waiting on his return and enjoy this time. I live a beautiful life surrounded by many blessings. Yes, the love of my life lives in another country, a very dangerous country, and I cannot wait to touch/see him again, but if I try and rush things too fast, I will end up rushing the rest of my life, and find myself always "waiting" on something.
5 comments:
Uhm, excuse me missy, I notice that you STILL have not answered my question!
I love this! Your story with him is just so sweet.
Love all the answers! And I liked learning more about you! I'd glad you know to like Ft. Campbell- it's one place I don't think I'd mind living. :)
ah high school love. I think its great to get to grow up together... of course I'm kinda biased like that. : )
The last answer felt like it was written by me. It's weird isn't it???? I so can't wait for July. And then I so can't for him to start Captain's Career Course so that we can finally live together once he finishes it. Ugh. Another year AFTER he comes back from Iraq. So it's like constant countdowns....
Anyways, I was just ranting here. Haha! What did I want to say? Oh right as I was reading I wanted to remind you about tonight ---- Bachelor FINALEEEEEEEEE. Get pumped!! :)
Post a Comment