>insert weird dog lady comment here<
Today, for the first time in over a month, I experienced a "I need him here" moment. I walked into the vet's office this morning, bright and early, to drop Daisy off to get spayed.
The tech went through all of my options including an additional $60 for laser surgery. I remember hearing someone, for the life of me I cannot think who, rant and rave about it. I stared at the paper some more and thought this decision would be so much easier with him here.
I called my mother and with great confidence checked the box "yes" next to laser surgery and knew I would get less swelling, blood, and pain.
At 4pm, I literally skipped into the office and could hardly wait to see her again. The tech sat me down and tried to talk to me, but I just wanted to see Daisy. Then she said, "Bless her heart, you need to go back there and get her. Every time someone goes back there to try and check on her she either pees or poops herself. We think she is either scared or stressed." Holding back tears, I said OK.
I walked through the back and finally arrived at her crate and saw an image I would soon like to erase from my head for forever.
Daisy...sitting straight up against the back wall, hair standing straight up on her neck, and violently shaking.
I thought she recognized me as she took one step forward. I began to lean towards her. Suddenly, she shot to the back of the cage and started growling and shaking at me. At me?!?
So I did what any normal, composed woman would do...I started crying.
I walked away for about 20 seconds, wiped my tears, walked to her cage, and in my sweetest voice ever called for her. She slowly started towards me and smelled my hand. After recognizing my smell, she began nervously and excitedly licking my face and jumping all over me. A huge sign of relief came over me.
Physically- OK Mentally- Not so much
Thank goodness I checked laser surgery. I can only imagine if she experienced regular surgery.
And 5 hours later, she is now fast asleep on top my feet. Still slow to move around, but snuggled up to me pretty much all night as I watched The Bachelor and One Tree Hill.
8 comments:
Lady, you just scared me so much!! I am glad the baby is ok!!
Oh goodness, I had no idea that dogs could act like that after surgery. I am sure that she was just confused and scared and still a bit drugged up at the time. I hope she has a speedy recovery!
Your post had me almost crying. I'm glad she's doing okay.
Aww poor puppy! I hope she is feeling better soon!
aww i'm so sad for her :( And for you. I hope she has a fast recovery and that she's feeling better today
Aww poor puppy!! I'm glad she's ok. I'm sure she's glad to be back with you!
:( Thank goodness she's alright now.
I'm so sorry.
Oh and in case you were wondering.... "crazy dog ladies" are my favorite!
Aww, poor thing...
Post a Comment