Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fate

Lately I cannot stop thinking about fate and God's will.

During the end of my freshman year of high school, if my friends, Josh and Aaron, did not turn onto Harrison Ave the same exact time as him. I honestly believe we would not be together.

If this force, stronger than the both of us, did not help us through high school, proms, Beast, WP, college, delayed flights, graduations, Ranger School, flight school, workaholics, deployment...I doubt I would be where I am today.

I truly feel so blessed where I am in my life. There are a few things I should worry about, but I feel its never really been in my control anyways.

I know everything is going to work out exactly the way it should.


::sidenote:: I did not eat the ice cream. My friend brought over Cold Stone cake, so I ate that instead :)

3 comments:

jlc said...

Omg BEAST! Why do you bring these memories back?? Haha.... Sapper, Airborne, it allll comes back.

Perhaps that was our "training" for surviving this deployment.

Erin said...

It is funny that you wrote this post today becasue just this morning I was thinking about what if I had made different choices and never met D. Especially since we were talking the other day about another decision point before college where he almost just enlisted in the Marines instead of going to WP. I always wonder if things would have been different or if we would have met eventually.

The Rambling Diva said...

I haven't left you a comment, but I love the things you blog about. I have an award for you on my blog.