Sunday, January 25, 2009

One more thing...

Keeping up with my deployment goals, I sent my second care package on 20 January. I wanted to share what I sent. I feel it is only fair since I love reading what Kristen at Steady As We Go sends her husband. And I often steal her ideas :)

I created a "Thing I know you miss back at home" and it contained the following:

muddy paws - The girls always bring mud inside the house so I stamped the inside of the box with their paw prints

stuffed husky & rotweiller - Obviously he misses the girls

Italic
People magazine- I love this magazine and although he thinks I waste money, I always catch him reading it or looking at the pictures

The Book of Us- We already filled this one out a few years back, but I thought it would be cute for him to go back and read the answers

Slingbox software- It works here, I just hope it will work over there so he can watch his favorite shows.

Mixed CD- I filled the CD with Rockband songs and songs from our favorite shows. I know he misses playing Rockband. And oh yeah, a few that I use to belt out singing in the shower while getting ready together.

Cookies- I am slowly learning to cook, but he already loves my baking

Oceanspray Crasins- To remind him of our grocery shopping trips. These were always on the list.

USAA Debit Card- It finally came in the mail, so I attached a note saying, "I know you miss spending money on me" Ha.

Marley & Me- He says he misses the craziness of the dogs, this book suited our craziness perfectly

Penn State Shirt- He HATES when I steal his clothes and wear them, so I wore his favorite shirt each time I stepped out of the shower for 3 weeks. I sealed it in a ziplock bag to hopefully keep my scent and let him know that I am still stealing his clothes.


Last time he received his package in 6 days during the Christmas holidays, I am anxious for him to receive this one. He and the guys say receiving packages definitely lift their spirts, so I love putting them together for him.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sounds like a great care package!

Anonymous said...

I'm a new reader here so I'm still catching up on your story, but I love that you've chosen to share your care packages :) Yours is so thoughtful and I'm sure he'll cherish it.

Anonymous said...

Oooooohhhh man. If i were to have a care package oceanspray craisins would DEFINITELY be on my list too! =)

PS - I steal my husband's clothes too =) My excuse is now that we're married "What's yours is mine." ;-)

Herding Chaos said...

I bought some Craisins too to send. I am going to send a care package soon. The other ones I blogged about were all full of things he didn't get to pack in his bags, so nothing personal.