Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Down South

I am proud to say I experienced my first "Southerner" moment today.

Around 6:30am, I did my normal routine of letting Daisy outside. I looked outside and noticed ice and a steady rain. And then I decide, the weather is just too bad to go anywhere or do anything today.

I lived in Chicago for 18 years and braved several feet of snow, blizzards, below zero temperatures, and wind chills that make you cry and I thought 30 degrees deserved a snow day.

7 comments:

J.L.S. said...

Good for you!!! I'm from SC... we definitely do that all the time! :)

Megan said...

Ha! It is too nasty here to do anything. I'm seriously thinking about not leaving the house again until it gets warmer...like 70.

jlc said...

Hahah!! Yes, you have finally made the transformation.

You had to see me when I moved back to Jersey. I was complaining about everything like "Well this isn't what it was like in Texas." Hahah. My mom seriously thought I became a Southerner.

tootie said...

Ha! I can totally relate to this. I'm originally a northerner, but I've mostly lived in the south since I was 18. It's easy to get spoiled on the warm weather!

Erin said...

It is amazing how quickly you get un-used to winter weather!

Anonymous said...

Haha! I've made the backwards transformation moving from South Carolina to Alaska. It snowed for the first time up here on October 1st and i was waiting for things to be cancelled... people just go about with their daily lives in 4 ft of snow!

Bet Daisy loves it! =)

e said...

ugh, we're having a nasty storm and i drove to work and shoveled my car off twice in that crap. I hate it.