Friday, January 9, 2009

Week Four

Yes my friends, another week bites the dust which brings my grand total to ONE MONTH!

And to celebrate, I joined some of my favorite ladies for wine and hibachi tonight.

You can also follow along as Lynne (far right) blogs about how early detection save lives, including hers :)

Sometimes I do not know where I would be without Destiny and Lynne. Tonight we discussed our bucket list for 2009. Obviously one of my mine was to continue with my deployment goals.

Let's see how I did in the first month:

  • My run total is on the rise. 22 miles since he left. Thanks to the wonderful D.A.R. I definitely stole her idea on her tracking device on the left side of my blog.
  • Finished Beach House by Jane Green which means I read 3 books, Marley & Me, Shopaholic & Baby and Beach House this month. 2 more than I wanted to read!
  • Cooked 3 new things this month including a Penne Vodka, Sweet Potato Salad, and some delicious peanut butter cookies for my cookie exchange party hosted by the wonderful MG.
  • Few leads on the job front and hope to make decisions by the end of this month
  • Attended a wonderful church service last Sunday
  • Game night...definitely happening next week.
  • Daisy did not jump on Destiny tonight, again, holding her down, but progress!
  • Sent a care package on 20 Dec and very excited for my "Things You Miss at Home" care package, almost ready to go that I will send out 20 Jan

I did not cook for the boys yet with block leave and the holidays, but we have plans for next week.

I love spending time with my friends here. For never having a good group of girlfriends my entire life, I feel like I missed out on fun, but know I am making up for it now.

3 comments:

jlc said...

Congrats on making the 1 month!!! Wow that seemed like it flew. And congrats on the running. :)

CIP said...

1 month, already?! Wow...that went fast!

Congrats on all your accomplishments.

Did you like Shopaholic and Baby? I love those books!

Katie said...

That month really flew by! I hope mine goes that way!

Glad you had a good time last night!