Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tennis balls and kickboxing.

I now have a love/hate relationship with my kickboxing class. My instructor explains, you get what you put into the class. So crazy me, I punch and kick with a great deal of force. I love it!

I am fine during the class. I never really feel like curling up in a ball at any time to cry because of the intensity. However, like right now, I am sore all over and wonder why I punish my body like I do.

And finally, my sweet Dakota found a tennis ball somewhere in the house. She keeps pushing it under the couch, the love seat, and the chair every 2 minutes and starts whining until I get off my butt and dig for it underneath the furniture.

Does she not understand how darn sore I am?

9 comments:

kd said...

Howie does the same thing! He is usually inconsolable when he loses it under furniture. Sometimes when we are lazy, we just leave it under the sofa and let him whine for a while. (Aren't we horrible?)

d.a.r. said...

If I know you, you will "work out" away the deployment. Meaning you are going to look SO HOT when Dave comes home :)

And yes, that is my dogs' favorite trick as well. "Let's see how many times Mommy will get up and get this for me!!"

kd said...

I tagged you in a survey on my blog!

Sara said...

Yeah Jagger does the ball thing too. Apparently our chair has a hole in the bottom of it that permitted a bouncy ball or 4 to get stuck in there. I had to ask the movers to shake them out! Stupid dog. He lays flat on the ground, scratching and whining and then rolls on his back and does the same. It's funny.. and irritating.

good for you,, working you butt off like that. D's right- you're going to look even more fabulous than ever when he comes home.

Katie said...

Oh yes, that's a famous Ryker trick. Hazel will actually just go for the thing until she gets it- Ryker whines and cries. Sometimes we also ignore him for a little while like KD. The best though is when hes whining and looking under the couch and we get up and there's nothing there- the dog sees things.

Congrats on making it 4 weeks! Woohoo!

jlc said...

Kickboxing is SO MUCH FUN! Although I admit that when I took it with my mom, she beat the crap out of me. How can I not keep up with a 50 year old?

Sad. But heck I hope I'm that in shape when I'm her age!! Glad to see your on the exercise bandwagon. :)

Erin said...

Oh I love that feeling! Like when you have worked out and your arms are so sore you can barely lift them to wash your hair. I miss that! Is it weird that one of the things I am looking forward to most about actually having the baby is getting to get back to that!

jlc said...

I tagged you on my blog!! :)

Carissa said...

I felt the same way after a dreaded Pi-Yo class, except I was chasing around a one year old. Yikes!