Thursday, January 15, 2009

Declutter

Oh, this word comes up in many coversations as of late. Several of my friends began "decluttering" their house either to sell it, prepare for another baby, or simply to follow through on one of their deployment goals.

There is a possiblity I might work from home so I invaded the bonus room, otherwise known as his AO (area of operation) or the only room in the house where I allow anything ACU/BDU. Before he left, I managed to take over a corner and since my honey will not return until the end of this year, I am now in the process of taking over the entire room.

Poor guy.

Today I started with the evil WP trunk. Some of you may know what I am talking about. You know the coffee table, TV stand, garbage disposal, and crap holder all rolled into one clunky, gold and green piece of furniture.

I did not get very far. In it I found letters and cards from me. He kept over 60 cards/letters over the years and of course I read through each and every one of them.

Somedays I simply do not comprehend or realize how much the two of us went through in order to get to where we are today. How do two very immature 15 and 16 year olds turn into a 24 and 25 year, surviving deployment while planning to start a future and family together? Days like today make me smile. I love our history, both the good and the bad.

Most days I skip the obvious in this blog...I am so lucky to be in love with my best friend.

7 comments:

d.a.r. said...

very sweet post my dear. I loved reading it!

Megan said...

Get you some Rubbermaid and put those letters in a box. Mark it with a label maker!

kd said...

Awww! My hubby saved all the letters I ever wrote him. They, too, live in the WP trunk. :)

jlc said...

OMG YESSSSSSS that TRUNK! Hahah.


Oh and feel free to laugh at me at ANY time. As long as my readers laugh, I'm happy. Even if it is at my expense. :)


I tell my students this all the time when I trip over things in the classroom. Ok now I'm just letting you know way too much about me. ;)

Anonymous said...

ooooh that damn west point trunk(s)!!!! Yes we have a few. Ammo crates too. They are going in the storage shed when hubby leaves =)

Katie said...

Aw how sweet!


Speaking of the WP trunk I'm pretty sure we have 2 in our garage!

Stacie said...

That's so sweet he saved your letters and cards!! I'm sure you'll love looking at them for years to come :-)